Jake Ellenberger's Instagram Post After Destruction of Matt Brown

he'll be around for a few more fights until he slinks back to being inconsistent - but i hope it doesn't happen. i mean him going back to being inconsistent.

Easy man the fight was like a min and he had him down in the first ten seconds.

Right. And not enough fight time to see anything. Ellenberger, I think is good but top 10? I see him somewhere in that mix for now but I believe he has peaked long ago. Will be interesting to see his next fight.

damn, goldie was fu*king fired up for that finish

Felt the same about robbie too.
Really? I thought he looked like he usually does at the start of his fights, feeling out for a bit before starting to attack. Woodley and Condit made him pay for that but Tyron had the advantage of having Lawler closer to the cage, that didn't allow Robbie to have much room to recover since he didn't get knocked down further away from his opponent like in the first round against Condit.

Didn't help that Woodley is fast as fuck at the start of the fights either.

Really? I thought he looked like he usually does at the start of his fights, feeling out for a bit before starting to attack. Woodley and Condit made him pay for that but Tyron had the advantage of having Lawler closer to the cage, that didn't allow Robbie to have much room to recover since he didn't get knocked down further away from his opponent like in the first round against Condit.

Didn't help that Woodley is fast as fuck at the start of the fights either.
I saw uncharacteristic timidity.

Though, I agree with your analysis.
Lawler is a vet... he should've
known to force his own openings
against a power puncher, early
& to set a pace. He never even
forced Woodley back

I saw uncharacteristic timidity.

Though, I agree with your analysis.
Lawler is a vet... he should've
known to force his own openings
against a power puncher, early
& to set a pace. He never even
forced Woodley back
True, my guess is that he wanted to see what Woodley would bring to the table in the striking before opening up. It was weird that he didn't even try to keep him at range.

I'm really happy for Jake, I've always felt bad for him that he has the talents and gifts but under a shitty camp his not going anywhere. Kings MMA really bring it out of him.

Back