Jaco Short Sleeve Rashguard finally shipped. Any reviews/impressions?

L

LeftHookSleep

It was a "Backordered" order from waaay back like in feb/march...I forgot about it until my debit card was charged today.

Any reviews on the short sleeve rashguard by Jaco? Here's hoping they aren't as flawed as the resurgence shorts.

The rash guard is ok but it has few issues.

My major complaint about it was the material. I used it about 10 times and the fabric ages terribly. Not from use but from just washing. After the first wash the logo became pretty much invisible and and the actual bamboo fabric which was great the first time i used it after a couple of washes became really really faded, rough and uncomfortable to wear so for the price I suggest looking elsewhere till they sort the fabric out.

Another small issue I had with the material becoming rough is you needed to iron the top ever time you used it. Now I am not a poser at the gym by any means but I like to look presentable but that may just be me :) and who the hell wants to iron their sports stuff ;)

Now compare the Jaco rash guard to my hayabusa or my absolute favourite Rupture one and I do not wear the jaco anymore which is a massive downer considering the price :(

Last edited:
Yeah man I had completely forgotten about it since it was on backorder for months until finally charged me $57 last night.

Hopefully it's not that bad, did you follow the washing directions?

My major complaint about it was the material. I used it about 10 times and the fabric ages terribly. Not from use but from just washing. After the first wash the logo became pretty much invisible and and the actual bamboo fabric which was great the first time i used it after a couple of washes became really really faded, rough and uncomfortable to wear so for the price I suggest looking elsewhere till they sort the fabric out.

Another small issue I had with the material becoming rough is you needed to iron the top ever time you used it. Now I am not a poser at the gym by any means but I like to look presentable but that may just be me :) and who the hell wants to iron their sports stuff ;)

Now compare the Jaco rash guard to my hayabusa or my absolute favourite Rupture one and I do not wear the jaco anymore which is a massive downer considering the price :(

How is the rupture better than the Haya. Love my Hayabusa rashies. Too bad about the Jaco, I love the look of it.

How did it take 7 months to ship? They could gather the material by hand, hand stitch it, and sail a boat over to you to hand deliver within a 7 month span.

How is the rupture better than the Haya. Love my Hayabusa rashies. Too bad about the Jaco, I love the look of it.

There's a review of our rashies on mmagearguide.net. Cody can probably post it, I think there are rules for link posting and I don't want to break them :).

I can sympathize with Jaco on the backorder. Our backorder took 7 weeks and doubled the grey hair on my head.

Stronger fabric, better sublimated printing (Holds its colour better when stretched), better cut and nicer lower profile logos.

Care instructions say do not iron, you sure you followed all the other care instructions properly?

The Jaco rashguards look nice, but there are a lot of complaints about the fabric. Hayabusa's get a lot of positive reviews, but they are a little too busy-looking for me. I've been thinking about trying Rupture as my next rashguard.

Sent Rupture multiple messages on their web-page as well as a PM on here, but no response.

The Jaco rashguards look nice, but there are a lot of complaints about the fabric. Hayabusa's get a lot of positive reviews, but they are a little too busy-looking for me. I've been thinking about trying Rupture as my next rashguard.

Sent Rupture multiple messages on their web-page as well as a PM on here, but no response.

i think rupture is busy getting the gi ready, but also last time they weren't answering emails i believe they were out of town for a tourney or something.

anyway, i'm looking at trying their rashguard as well.

Back