Jackson - Winklejohn gym in line for 3 title shots.

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
+ 1 title eliminator in Arlowski - Mir

The 3 title shots are Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawler (WW), Cowboy Cerrone vs RDA (LW) and Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey (WBW).

Is there another gym in the world that can make that claim? AKA has 2 titles coming (Cormier vs Gus and Rockhold vs The Chris) and Nova Uniao used to run the lighter weights but Greg Jackson's gym has been riding title shots for a decade now, with multiple belts hanging in the gym as a result.

In before "Greg Jackson is a sport killer" and "boring Jackson fighter wins by 50-45 LnP.

I was just thinking some Jackson's fighters deserved their shots.

Also, I doubt AA/Mir is an eliminator fight. Reem/JDS or Cain/Werdum more likely.

Not to mention they hold the LHW title and the magician will be challenging too. I think he trains there also.

I was just thinking some Jackson's fighters deserved their shots.

Also, I doubt AA/Mir is an eliminator fight. Reem/JDS or Cain/Werdum more likely.

Stipe/rothwell. The streak the winner will be on a very good. Stipe would deserve the shot more than anyone in recent memory. Maybe back to junior the first cain fight.

Thanks guys for the reminder, it's even more impressive to get FOUR title shots at the same time for one gym.

I bet the gym's overwhelmed with fighters training each other for their respective belts!

Hearing Dana White call someone like Greg Jackson a sport killer is all I needed to know about Dana White.

Stipe/rothwell. The streak the winner will be on a very good. Stipe would deserve the shot more than anyone in recent memory. Maybe back to junior the first cain fight.

Deserves has little to do with it. Reem or JDS would be more marketable. If JDS and Cain happen to win, they'll probably either give Werdum the rematch, or give AA the shot after he beats Mir. Stipe can still get a shot if he keeps winning, but I can't see the UFC giving Rothwell one. Irritating that when the hw division is finally producing viable contenders, they gift Cain another shot because apparently the first fight with Werdum is meaningless.

Hearing Dana White call someone like Greg Jackson a sport killer is all I needed to know about Dana White.

Keep in mind, this was immediately after Jackson told Jones that accepting a short notice fight against Sonnen would be the biggest mistake of his career, and a UFC card was cancelled. Everyone knew Sonnen wasn't a threat to Jones.

Plus he blaimed Jackson for GSP's style change on Jackson, but I think everyone blaims Zahabi for that now.

Get some fans

The 3 title shots are Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawler (WW), Cowboy Cerrone vs RDA (LW) and Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey (WBW).

Is there another gym in the world that can make that claim? AKA has 2 titles coming (Cormier vs Gus and Rockhold vs The Chris) and Nova Uniao used to run the lighter weights but Greg Jackson's gym has been riding title shots for a decade now, with multiple belts hanging in the gym as a result.

In before "Greg Jackson is a sport killer" and "boring Jackson fighter wins by 50-45 LnP.

They deserve it and Greg Jackson gets a bad rep for just a few guys. Guys are going to fight they way they're going to fight regardless of how they're trained if that's their real mentality. Condit and Cowboy are exciting fighters and I hope one of them wins their title shot (Cerrone).

lol, jackson's will got 0-3 on the fights you listed.

Anyone in this thread saying anyone but Arlovski is the most deserving HW contender is dead, dead wrong.

I think Condit is the only one who has a chance of winning, and thats not a given at all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back