Jack vs Bute

Just watched the fight I scored it 115-113 Jack and thought I was being generous towards Bute.

I fell asleep last night as they got in the ring and just watched. That was really something else, but I felt like Bute's trunks were in the proper place and it seemed Jack him him low at least 100 times in that bout, IMO. Maybe the judges weren't scoring the low blows? I think if you take those out, a draw is possible. Hell, even all the replays of the "body work" by Jack featured low blows. Nobody else thought that? But a draw seems a stretch all the same.

Overall, nice night of fights.

I fell asleep last night as they got in the ring and just watched. That was really something else, but I felt like Bute's trunks were in the proper place and it seemed Jack him him low at least 100 times in that bout, IMO. Maybe the judges weren't scoring the low blows? I think if you take those out, a draw is possible. Hell, even all the replays of the "body work" by Jack featured low blows. Nobody else thought that? But a draw seems a stretch all the same.

Overall, nice night of fights.
Jack was hitting low. 100 punches low is probably an exaggeration.

He still won the fight.

You're a fuckwit.

All night you've been wingeing. If you don't enjoy boxing, the you can exit the forum. Hell, exit the sport, and watch something you enjoy.

This judging was ineptitude, obviously, 'cause if the fix was in, it most definitely would have favoured Jack since he was the host promoter's boy, and Showtime wants to set up Jack vs DeGale.

That said, the fight was a lot closer then Showtime was making out, they were really fellating Badou throughout.
Believe it or not, I watched it with the volume off - so the commentary had no affect on me.

I just don't like seeing people get robbed, that's all. Seems like every time I turn on a Boxing event there is some bullshit - every single time, without fail.

Not a hardcore boxing fan, but I know my boxing. I'm disappointed that you could have 2 title fights and both end in a messy, unfair scenario. Jack won, easily. DeGale lost, but lost to someone who "isn't supposed to win", so it doesn't count.

MMA judging is bad, but Boxing is something else.

Believe it or not, I watched it with the volume off - so the commentary had no affect on me.

I just don't like seeing people get robbed, that's all. Seems like every time I turn on a Boxing event there is some bullshit - every single time, without fail.

Not a hardcore boxing fan, but I know my boxing. I'm disappointed that you could have 2 title fights and both end in a messy, unfair scenario. Jack won, easily. DeGale lost, but lost to someone who "isn't supposed to win", so it doesn't count.

MMA judging is bad, but Boxing is something else.
When you're the only person who thinks that the person that lost won, do you not take a step back and think "why does everyone else disagree with me?" Or do you just assume you're right?

I've scored many fights differently to the judges and other people watching and instead of shouting robbery, try and understand why everyone saw it differently. You think medina won it clear, no one else did.

When you're the only person who thinks that the person that lost won, do you not take a step back and think "why does everyone else disagree with me?" Or do you just assume you're right?

I've scored many fights differently to the judges and other people watching and instead of shouting robbery, try and understand why everyone saw it differently. You think medina won it clear, no one else did.
Maybe it's just my scoring method.

I just think that ring control should matter.

Body work, should matter just as much as head punches when they are clean, crisp, hard shots.

Output should matter, he out-threw DeGale in almost every single round.

Damage is a great indicator of "effective striking", and DeGale's face was wasted.

I had Medina winning, plain and simple.

Maybe it's just my scoring method.

I just think that ring control should matter.

Body work, should matter just as much as head punches when they are clean, crisp, hard shots.

Output should matter, he out-threw DeGale in almost every single round.

Damage is a great indicator of "effective striking", and DeGale's face was wasted.

I had Medina winning, plain and simple.
Output isn't one of the scoring criteria.

Clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship and defense are.

DeGale made Medina miss a lot. He would have the edge in cleaner punching and defense. Effective aggression means he moves forward in a consistent and successful manner. No question he moved forward, but he kept getting DeGale on the ropes and then watching his punches get slipped.

Ring generalship I think you clearly have medina favored in that category. But most rounds went similarly and I think DeGale was consistently better in the aspects that are what the judges are supposed to base their scoring on.

Just my thoughts.

Jack was hitting low. 100 punches low is probably an exaggeration.

He still won the fight.

100 was an exaggeration for sure. And again, I don't think it was even a draw, just pointing out that Jack was going low for sure. But I had him winning as I watched. I didn't score by round, but c'mon. Seemed pretty wide to me.

I will say that this isn't any kind of criteria you can use in boxing. Damage, I mean. By appearance. I have seen boxers who can take a vicious beating and show little damage, while others mark, cut and/or bruise/swell much more easily.

I will say that this isn't any kind of criteria you can use in boxing. Damage, I mean. By appearance. I have seen boxers who can take a vicious beating and show little damage, while others mark, cut and/or bruise/swell much more easily.
That's a fair point, but DeGale didn't have a cut from one shot, his entire face was swollen - didn't happen by itself.

I hear you. I'm just saying boxing historically has always had guys who never mark or cut and those where the wind opens them up.

30lowsn.jpg

Fucking reward for Courage? Haha. Thats some dumb ass shit there.

If that decision isn't enough for you to understand that the judging is corrupt, then nothing will ever convince you.

2 robberies.

I wanted DeGale to lose just as much as you. His half running half sticking out his tongue style was a pain to watch and I wanted him to eat an uppercut and bite off his own wagging tongue so badly. That being said I still think he won the fight. He landed the cleaner more vicious shots and whenever he threw the other guy just shut down. You can hate a fighter's performance and still acknowledge their victory.

Fucking reward for Courage? Haha. Thats some dumb ass shit there.
Watching a second time I agree that Bute dominated the courage aspect of the fight and scored it 120-90 for Bute.

I wish people didn't have to whine so much about decisions in fights that are actually close. We saw a good night of fights and all we can talk about is the scores.

Degale/Medina was a very close fight that could have gone either way.

Bute/Jack was the real bad decision of the night.

Degale must trust his chin more of late... When he fought Groves he seemed more tentative to mix it up

From the little I know about Jack and DeGale it looks like they've both swapped their roles from earlier in their career. Jack was a bit more reckless and is not almost too buttoned down, whereas DeGale went from "tentative to mix it up" (well put), to almost unnecessarily bold.

I didn't see who won the fight, but I'm going to be honest, I don't give a shit about the official criteria, I watch and I say "ok, I thought he won that round"

Back