Jack Slack: The Tactical Guide to T.J Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt

Dana White really wanted Cody to be a big star.

Cody is a mean man, too prideful and immature to be a champion.

Dan Hardy had a much better analysis.

Dan Hardy is 1000x the analyst that Slack is.

It comes from actually fighting. That's why boxingislife skillspaythebills TimingBeatsSpeed PROlogic is a can. All made up analysis, no actual training or combat experience.

Kinda true, actually. Cody got fucked up mostly because he got reckless and caught in the middle of combinations. Had he thrown one shot at a time, or two and then evaded, it could’ve been a very different fight. TJ was always able to draw him into being sloppy, though. Nobody has really made Cody fight so unintelligently like TJ has. He fought much smarter against Cruz.

I guess it’s mostly because he was quicker than Dom and Dom didn’t have the countering ability of TJ or the power to get Cody’s actual respect. TJ is simply the better fighter, yes, styles make fights, but if Cody had the correct gameplan like he did against Dom, he very well could’ve won. Cody needs to keep those hooks tight and quick. Not load up and loop right hands while keeping he left hand down, failing to protect from counters on that side.

TJ showed improved defense this time, he had Cody figured out. What could Cody really bring to the rematch that would be any different, too, you know? TJ knew exactly what Cody was bringing - the same shit as last time, only Cody threw a few head kicks this time. Cody had an issue dropping his left hand in the rematch, and TJ took advantage of it by ending combos with rights or countering with a rights.

Cody had the perfect plan and physical ability for Dom, TJ had the perfect plan for Cody. Way she fawkin’ goes, boys.

Look, everyone knew Codys weakness in the pocket when it gets past 1 or 2 punches. Before and after the rematch.

Cody rushed in and got countered repeatedly before going down in a drawn out exchange which was exactly TJs gameplan.

You're grasping at straws and it's so obvious.

You guys are correct here. I rewatched and I admit my mistake

Cody is pulled in to brawls way too easy. And his chin is not the best.

You guys are correct here. I rewatched and I admit my mistake

It happens. I usually just throw a "If I remember correctly" at the beginning of stuff like this like a safety net of sorts lol

It happens. I usually just throw a "If I remember correctly" at the beginning of stuff like this like a safety net of sorts lol

The structure of my initial comment did not have place for IIRC, unfortunately

Back