• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Izzy emasculating the entire MMA media

There's a reason why Izzy is a fighter and not a reporter (he's got the Floyd syndrome) ...

He's way off base. I could never do his job, but at least I have some idea of what went into him being able to do it. I've trained in combat sports, I've seen the combination of natural skill and hard work that goes into making champions, and I fully acknowledge that I couldn't do it at a professional level. Showing up on Saturday night and punching someone is just the tip of the iceberg.

He could never do my job, and he has no idea what's he's talking about when he claims he can. He looks at a room with 30 people sitting in front of mics—I've been one of them plenty of times—and acts as though sitting in that room and asking questions is the whole job. Meanwhile, the people in that media room can all write at a professional level, many of them have college degrees in related fields, and half of them are editing video in real-time while the presser is going on. Those skills and qualifications all came before they got in front of those mics.

I'm not shitting on anyone's job. But with enough education and training, Adesanya probably could learn how to do their job. Maybe not quite as good as them, but it's perfectly possible.

But none of them could ever fight at a professional level(unless there's some journalist out there who is a former fighter) and never in a million years at his level.

With that said, it's a pointless statement. Everybody who buys and supports the product has the right to criticize fighters in a valid way. Without them he wouldn't be a world famous fighter.

Last edited:
He actually couldn't do their job. He sounds absolutely stupid when he speaks. They could likely fight just as well as he could do media.

FROZEN LIKE ELSA FROZEN LIKE ELSA
HEY!

Y-You better stop that.

I'll put you on skates..

You know the rest.

frozen-elsa.gif

Izzy just stahp it. Please.

I really don't think he could, he would get butthurt into a seizure at the first interraction with some colby or dana on a bad day.

Sorry but he does it to himself. He talks all this prefight nonsense about how he is going to put on an 'Anderson Silva against Forrst' style clinic then takes 0 risks and coasts to a decision. Anderson literally walked up to Forrest with his hands down and matrix'd him.

Last edited:
If u come out pretending to be undertaker his opponent better be leaving in a body bag. Absolute disgraceful performance and utterly disrespectful homage to the undertaker . That's izzy ; showing us how cool he is instead of just being himself.

Don't think it was necessary to shit on all the media like that, but respect for calling out the filthy pedophiles being protected. Not enough people doing that in public.

Izzy is working hard getting more unlikable than Conor. That's quite some approach given he wants to be and see's himself as an artist and entertainer in the cage while performing safe but sour.

It's quite stupid to compare and even if he could, which he can't, maybe if he would learn, study etc., what is he aiming at?!

That he's superior and people should learn their places below him. Fuck that! He's nothing more than your single mom, police guy or security dog in the greater shemes. Just an ego driven narcissist high on himself doing great in a meaningless bubble of sport entertainment. Did he actually ever do something really meaningful in life besides training, getting money and nail polishes? I doubt it.

Izzy is one of those dudes that is personable and seems intelligent but something is just not working right upstairs...

Izzy always fancies himself as an artist in the cage. A showman, a stylebender, martial arts being a vehicle for his self expression or what have you. But then he fights like a risk-mitigating technician. No art, no creativity, no styling, no showmanship, just exploiting the scoring rules to his maximum advantage. It's funny.

I don't care, he can fight however he likes, no one is saying his job is easy, but fans doesn't have to like it.

Oh and a reporters job isn't easy either. Atleast not if you want to do it good. Izzy can do a reporters job? Don't think so. People are good at different things.

Indeed. Where is the evidence Izzy is capable of critical thinking? Not that most MMA media types are either…

Depends. Being an elite athlete most definitely doesn't mean you can write for shit.
Asking random questions at a press conference? Sure. But that's hardly the only part of the job.
Now, does he have more unique talents? Arguably. But that still doesn't mean he's necessarily a good enough writer to be a journalist.

The “I can do your job but you can’t do mine” isn’t some new movement. People here acting like Izzy is somehow the first person to start this. Is Izzy accurate in his statement? Kinda Yes…Kinda No. Most people will never understand or even relate to what these fighters are going through. There are a ton of amazing journalist but very very few Mike Tyson’s, Jon jones and so on. Fighters have every right to feel like what they are doing is unique and something only they can do…because it is unique and it’s something only they can do. There’s a reason why most of society sits behind a computer screen feeling important as they criticize everyone obsessively.

I don’t agree that anyone can be a journalist though. It’s a cut throat field and a lot more goes into it then simply asking questions.

Izzy always fancies himself as an artist in the cage. A showman, a stylebender, martial arts being a vehicle for his self expression or what have you. But then he fights like a risk-mitigating technician. No art, no creativity, no styling, no showmanship, just exploiting the scoring rules to his maximum advantage. It's funny.

I don't care, he can fight however he likes, no one is saying his job is easy, but fans doesn't have to like it.

Oh and a reporters job isn't easy either. Atleast not if you want to do it good. Izzy can do a reporters job? Don't think so. People are good at different things.
It's true.

The "iconic" picture of him waving Anderson off involved zero risk. He stoof far away and just did that. Anderson was dancing playing imaginary guitar charging at his opponent and doing some crazy shit like that each fight.

I think the problem is that nowadays the criticism isn't even genuine. It's just click-bait bullshit.

I bet he and other fighters would appreciate criticism more if there was some substance and logic behind it.
kind of. The Chris Pratt criticism seemed fair. He said he has no idea how hard it is to be a fighter, he's just a fan. However, to boast about what you're going to do and the theatrics, then perform like that is disappointing. I don't even like Chris Pratt, but he was giving a fair assessment, and Izzy still said, "You're just a fan, I'm the fan."

So, he's kind of losing me now.

but ya, click baiters are pieces of shit.

Yeah he can do their job. Mma media sucks bro

izzy talks a big game, one slam by blachowiz and he is stuck on the ground lol

Back