I've Used Search/Read Articles; Answers WIDELY Vary - Please Provide Creatine Dosage

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87037

I've read quite a few articles regarding Creatine, have used the search function/read threads pertaining to Creatine; still, no answer is solid throughout - and I believe this is because people uneducated on the subject list [what they believe to be correct] "general" dosages. I've read from 3g/day, 5g/day, 20g/day, 25g/day. 3g and 25g is a huge gap - so I'm asking for help from someone who is confidently educated on the subject, and sure about it to provide me with the proper dosage in grams per day. I'm not loading (I read it's BS), I'm not cycling (I read it's uneccessary), I just need proper DAILY dosage for the next 4 months in which I'm on the Rippetoe SS program & bulking. The dosage I can use everyday of the week. I was under the impression that 3g was fine for 4 months straight, but then I read otherwise somewhere else.

Please don't post guesses.

Thanks.

What you're asking is subjective information.

Don't be such a pompous ass to think that the lack of consistent response is because people are "uneducated"...if you spent more time educating yourself and seeing things for what they are, you'd realize that the answers vary depending on the situation for use of creatine, and what the person's goals are.

There is no "standard daily dose," just as there is none for protein intake, caffeine use, etc.

3g and 25g is a huge gap - so I'm asking for help from someone who is confidently educated on the subject, and sure about it to provide me with the proper dosage in grams per day.

If you've read quite a few articles (and I hope all the links from the FAQ here), and you're not loading, then you'd know why there's a huge gap between 25g/day and 3g/day, and you already have your answer on the dose you need.

<200lbs 7 day loading of 20g maintain 5g
>200lbs 7 day loading of 25g maintain 7g

As many have said, it's variable depending on the person but the most common response you are likely to receive is that you should take 5gms per day - no need to load, that's just bodybuilding BS and there is no solid evidence (that I know of) that loading makes any real difference - but then you'll know that having read the FAQ :D

And keep well hydrated.

<200lbs 7 day loading of 20g maintain 5g
>200lbs 7 day loading of 25g maintain 7g

And this is why the TS is confused...

You don't need to load with Creatine Monohydrate.

Haha yeh. I couldn't find the right dosage for my workout intensity and the articles never really specified how much to take dependent on the situation, but more so just a general, 'good-for-all' amount which I figured odd (like KK was saying protein/etc. differs from person to person, like creatine).

5g/day, got it. I'll do that for 4 months straight without stopping. Thanks!

What you're asking is subjective information.

Don't be such a pompous ass to think that the lack of consistent response is because people are "uneducated"...if you spent more time educating yourself and seeing things for what they are, you'd realize that the answers vary depending on the situation for use of creatine, and what the person's goals are.

There is no "standard daily dose," just as there is none for protein intake, caffeine use, etc.

Exactly.

Also, not everyone is the same. There is no way in hell a 5'6" 140lb person should be taking as much creatine as a 6'2" 220lb person.

Do you guys find Creatine to be useful, took it for about a year but wasn't too impressed by the results so gave up on it?

Do you guys find Creatine to be useful, took it for about a year but wasn't too impressed by the results so gave up on it?

As far as raw strength gaining, the only supplement I have benefitted more from has been protein powder. I've tried products other than creatine monohydrate, and noticed no results.

Just taking a supplement isn't going to help, you need a good routine, too. Also, if you're already passed the point of newbie gains (IMO: 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift) You may not notice as much of a difference.

Back