I've narrowed it down...

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
All the above are great, recommend getting them through Ron at SSFGear.com so you get the absolute best Customer Service!

I've already been talking with Ron through PM's about this as I would like to give them some bussiness...they seem to be a great company and doing well with great service.

Anyway, my only problem is they don't carry sprawl do they?

Could've sworn they did, but I dont see it on the website. I am sure Ron will be on shortly and clear things up.

I have a pair of nogi shorts. I highly recomend them. They are worth the money.

LCDforMe said:
Well, I'm in the market for a pair of boardshorts. I have a few choices....

First off, Sprawl 2006 shorts - http://sprawl.tv/p_flexfighter_competition.html

Then I am thinking of the NOGI OE shorts - http://nogi.com/

And lastly, I am looking at a pair of HCK shorts - http://www.howardliu.com/catalog/grappling/shorts/default.htm

What are your thoughts and do you reccomend the split seem on the shorts that offer it? Thanks for any input.

I own a pair of the 2006 Flexfighter Sprawls with the Split Seam. They are excellent, and if you like to kick, I definitely recommend the seam. I haven't owned either of the other brands, but I'm planning on purchasing a pair of the OE shorts from NoGi once I get my next paycheck. I'd like to give them a shot.

Having compared the SPRAWL and NOGI shorts, you can't go wrong with either, but I like the material and feel of the NOGI shorts better-- it's very soft and slightly stretchy!

Keven

I agree with warrior-one. I like the nogi shorts a lot. Sprawl will not allow retails to sell their shorts over the internet, you will have to go through them. I can help you with the HCK and Nogi shorts, I also have the XFgear shorts. Yo can't go wrong here with any of these shorts.

www.SSFgear.com

All I own are sprawls and they hold up well. I highly recommend them to anyone.

This is a recommendation of sprawl as opposed to a detraction of all the other brands. I'm hoping to order some nogi shorts and hoodies in the near future before Christmas. But money doesn't grow on trees ya know.

warrior-one.com said:
Having compared the SPRAWL and NOGI shorts, you can't go wrong with either, but I like the material and feel of the NOGI shorts better-- it's very soft and slightly stretchy!

Keven

I concur. Both are good products however I have found myself training more in my OE shorts than my Sprawl XTs.

KillaKix said:
What about TAPOUT!!!

From what I've heard you're getting a label more than anything.

The Nogi's are true to size, I've got the Jet. With Sprawls and HCK, I believe that you have to go up a size.

I like the NOGI OE, and wana order some but they don't have many sizes in right now. I have the HCK shorts and they are very good, no complaints.

The blue nogi shorts look great in person. The drawing on the web site doesn't do much for them. I'll try to post some real pictures on my site.

www.SSFgear.com

Nogi and Sprawl are both great. For strictly gym use I prefer the Sprawl however if you want a cool pair of shorts to workout in and look cool in public then get the Nogi shorts. While your at it get a matching hoodie (from either Sprawl or Nogi).

KillaKix said:
What about TAPOUT!!!
Hey if they would actually carry stock then I would have some already and then all could read a review but all they do is come out with new ugly models and dont restock the old ones.

And I have tried the XFGears (review comming this week, stupid reformatting over the weekend) and they are nice. With all the choices you cant really go wrong, more of a question of what your going to use them for; training, competition, chillin, etc. Let me know what your going to use them for and then I can give you my opinion on what to buy.

When it comes to reviews Adino is the man! He keeps costing me $$$$. Keep up the good work.

after looking at nogi's site a few times,I'm thinking of getting a pair of shorts myself. Also, does any1 have advice on FCF and nogi Brazil shorts?

Back