• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'I've missed weight (before) because I relied on other people.' - Johny Hendricks

“Even though I’m working with the UFC on the nutrition side, I’m really on my own in a theory because I’m making sure that I do it. I’ve relied on other people and it’s time for me to say, ‘hey, now if I miss weight it’s because of me.'"

“I’ve been working with the UFC nutritionist,” Hendricks said. “So I’m working with people, I’m working with them. My weight, I’m gonna try to hit under 200 pounds this week and then I’ll be three weeks out from weigh-ins. By the time I get there my goal is to be right around 195 pounds, so he has an easy time with me. And those are all easy things to do. I’ve been eating a lot, I’ve doing a lot of things differently, been running more, you know, things that I’m not relying on other people about.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...inha-jackson-winkeljohn-middleweight-mma-news

What the hell is his "own nutrition theory" ?!

So is he or is he not working with the UFC given he says he's still using his own "diet theory" going forward ? Also, how the hell is he blaming other people for not making weight these last few years ?!

For shit's sake Hendricks.
It seems you misunderstood him.
He is working with the UFC nutritionist, doing what he says, etc.
But now, he is not simply believing in what they say. He is doing more (i.e. running, eating properly), and with a plan that is more conservative than the one his nutritionist is giving him.

This way he avoids trusting in them, and being the one looking bad when it doesn't work.

Plus he is saying that, if this does not work, he will have only himself to blame.

The guy is 5"8 and weighs 200, jesus christ. Food addiction and fatass genetics is a bitch.

It's amazing to me that a pro UFC fighter is more of an undisciplined fat fuck than me

Sure Johny...
hendricks-fatty-fat-fat.png

I sorta hate sticking up for him after all his bullshit, but it is worth mentioning when people just post this pic - you know his other arm is underneath his shirt in a sling right? This was after he tore his bicep.

This is a guy that should never be above 200lbs, talking about being proud he's cut to 200lbs 3 weeks out, and hopes to be 195lbs the week of weigh ins which is in 2 more weeks.

I feel like Hendricks should miss weight, still blame somebody else, get KTFOd in the fight and then call out GSP in the post fight conference ("everyone knows I beat GSP. I put him into retirement. I should be the guy to fight him coming out of retirement. Why you hiding GSP?)

I think he is just not expressing himself properly. He is trying to say that now he realizes its his responsibility and he is done making other people the scapegoat for his failures. Im not a big fan but i hope he figures it out because he can be fun to watch.

Reading what he has said makes me wonder how he's made it as far as he has. SOMEBODY'S been helping him, that's for sure and him taking over with a nutrition theory??...yeah, what could possibly go wrong there.

The issue isnt weight for him. The issue is usada

I would almost agree, but every fight he's had problems in (except the Wonderboy fight, I think) he had weight problems. I'm not sure how that realtes to USADA but if it does, feel free to educate me lol I don't mind

So if at MW his goal is to be 195lbs before the final cut, how was he cutting at WW from 200+ in his final cut ... makes you wonder why he ducked testing so hard ...

Yeah, kind of like how GSP lied about paying for the test and wanted every detail of what the test was for and when, and by a company that literally had his face on their website. Not to mention the Dana White telling Hendricks he doesn't recommend it and thinks the whole thing is stupid. Let's also not forget how Hendricks still hasn't failed a test, and while he's had some god awful performances, he didn't just leave the company for years after complaining about PED's and then still avoided the entire company until years after the new programs were implemented.

Cutting 10lbs in a day is a terrible idea. He's probably going to miss weight again.

Johnny makes it sound like making weight is rocket science and everyone but him are idiots. Dude cant be this dumb when it comes to making weight can he?

"I've missed weight before because I relied on other people ... to cook me cheeseburgers."

Back