Iuri Alcantara wants rematch with Urijah Faber

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/31/5768046/ufc-iuri-alcantara-wants-rematch-with-urijah-faber-following-quick-stoppage-mma-news

With the win over Lee, Alcantara moves to 30-5 (1) in his professional career, and 5-2 (1) in the UFC. The No. 7 ranked fighter in the bantamweight division is eyeing a potential title shot, but when asked after the fight who he would like to face in the immediate future, he responded simply with "Faber."

Through a translator, Alcantara also stated that he would also be prepared to take on the division's new champion, T.J. Dillashaw, in his next fight if that is what the UFC requested.

Faber is currently booked to face Alex Caceres at UFC 175 and had already defeated the Brazilian last August via unanimous decision. The fight was mostly a lopsided affair, and it is tough to see this rematch happening in the near future.

Alcantara just needs to fix some small holes in his game. If TJ stands with him Alcantara could starch him.

Not gonna happen. He might get McDonald though.

This. He'll get a good fight, just not any of the 2 guys he mentioned. There's never any harm in asking though and putting it out there

The TD he got on Faber was lightning quick. He had a good 3 mins. but was dominated for the other 12 or so. Got a decision that can be argued for Reis and starched Lee tonight I hear.

He needs to work his way up a bit more to get someone like Faber again.

He's very fun to watch but his wrestling and bottom game is still being exploited. Address that issue and he's a much bigger threat to the top 3.

Considering he turned a usually exciting fighter in Faber into a blanket, I'd say he deserves it.

Doubt it will happen though.

Considering he turned a usually exciting fighter in Faber into a blanket, I'd say he deserves it.

Doubt it will happen though.

faber was unloading elbows into his face like it was nobodies business, that's not blanketing

One of the most underrated guys at Bantamweight. He definitely deserves a step up, but I think rematching Urijah and fighting Dillashaw is a bit too soon. McDonals is a damn near perfect fight at this point.

faber was unloading elbows into his face like it was nobodies business, that's not blanketing

That's fair. Still far from his usual gameplan.

He didn't want to gave Iuri an inch of space on the ground and certainly didn't want a piece of him standing.

This is coming from a long-time Faber fan btw.

He started we'll against Faber but got starched for the rest of the fight, flat out dominated for 13/15 minutes

Of course he does. Franklin wants to rematch Anderson. Thats what fighters do

Back