Its only fair for sea level Cain....

jickstick

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
That the rematch is held 2,250ft below sea level to make up for the UFC forcing him to fight in such despicable conditions 2,250ft above sea level! The poor man had hardly ever been to Mexico city (apart from the time he lived there for ages) so he knew not of what he was getting himself into!

I suggest the dead sea as the next venue, it is only 1,400ft below sea level, but unless the UFC build a bunker 2,250 below the sea he won't have much success.

Dude... Mexico City is 2,200 METERS above sea level.
That's about 7,200 feet.

They should fight on a yacht. Only fair.

Dude... Mexico City is 2,200 METERS above sea level.
That's about 7,200 feet.

You should post more often. It might help with all this nonsense being posted here.

I always get a chuckle out of the term "sea level cain" when I see it randomly pop up.

People are aware that Werdum also fought in Mexico??????

Why are people acting as if UFC owes something to cain?

Sea level Cain won't get his rematch because injury Cain is due for another appearance

People are aware that Werdum also fought in Mexico??????

Why are people acting as if UFC owes something to cain?

I'm not necessarily saying Velasquez should get the rematch but I think there is a better argument for it than the one you make. When he fought in Mexico City, he neglected to prepare to the altitude; his opponent was more conscientious and trained at higher elevation than they were fighting at. Clearly the blame for this should be laid at the door of Velasquez and his team, so it would be harebrained to say the UFC owes him anything. However, as with the first JDS fight, there is the sense that because Velasquez fought in less than optimal conditions, there's potentially a very good fight between these two that we haven't yet gotten to see. If anyone is "owed" anything in this matter, it might be the fans.

Back