Movies It's been 2 years since The Matrix Resurrections. Has your opinion changed?

First act is good, second act is okay, third act is beyond retarded.

Opinion the same, and I think if you re-watch the series and then view resurrections it’s like a 6-7.

If you just watch without a refresher on the context it’s trash.

The movie was moderately entertaining.

As for the rationale of this movie,

giphy.webp

Other than goodwill toward Keanu Reeves and Matrix 1, maybe 2, I really don't know why people would want this movie made. And the result more or less confirmed most people's sentiment. It doesn't need to exist, the movie landscape is not better with it existing, probably worse.

First act is good, second act is okay, third act is beyond retarded.

Opinion the same, and I think if you re-watch the series and then view resurrections it’s like a 6-7.

If you just watch without a refresher on the context it’s trash.

That’s how I felt about it.

The first part of the movie was really interesting and hooked me into thinking what was going to happen next …

But the middle was boring, and the last act, I found myself looking at my watch thinking “when is this gonna end?”.

Last edited:
Haven’t watched it yet.

looking back, i feel ashamed already that i was the first to spoil the story for my friend during that time.

Last time I bothered trying to watch this shit was when Keanu met Colonel Sanders in the TV room.

I rewatched the original trilogy before I watched it in the cinema and I liked it a lot. I haven't seen it since. I liked it as much as the first one.
I would rate them 8/10 (first), 6/10 (second), 7/10 (third) and 8/10 (fourth). Without rewatching the originals, I wouldn't have liked it as much.

I haven’t seen it since the first time I saw it. I didn’t love it. But it was somewhat entertaining. It seemed like someone put a gun to their heads and made the Wachowskis make that movie.

It was a franchise ruining film.
Looked like something J.J Abrams made.

Watched it 2 days ago.

Compared to the other films in the series, it's shit.

The production quality is poor too.. seems like a TV show, not like an iconic blockbuster film.

That Wachowski 'sister' was given the ultimatum to write/direct a 4th movie, or someone else would.

And.... its like 'she' purposely botched it.

Thankfully the movie bombed with a boxoffice haul of $159 million, which the studio splits with theaters so they only recieve half of it... so $80 million, and the production budget was $190 million.

Imagine being told after the 3rd movie came out in 2003 that a 4th movie will be released in 2021... and it'll completely bomb losing the studio over $150 million including advertising costs.

Back