its absurd how a legend like Davis is disrespected here.

he is rated where he should be..former title holder in a second tier org, very good not great fighter, good fight iq etc. Legend though? That's a bit like saying Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are BOTH legends.
Hey now Matt Ryan is a legend .. at Boston College lol

I agree with everyone who says he's a great fighter, under-rated, but not a "legend". I define a legend as someone who stands out in the sport in some massive way, whether it be by going on a massive win-streak, beating really tough fighters across different weight-classes, or scoring some unbelievable finishes nobody thought possible. Davis has done none of those things.

That said, he does deserve a ton of credit for fighting a lot of really tough guys and never being finished while competing at a very high level. I consider Davis as kind of a Jon Fitch type in that regard. Nothing wrong with that.

Don't think he's that under-rated to be honest. 80% of people on here say that he's durable and been fighitng good opponents for a decade now. It was a big deal when he signed to Bellator, going into his last UFC bout on his contract he was ranked #5 (he can't be extremely under-rated but also be a big time free agent signing)

phil-davis.jpg

never been ko'd or submitted. despite the fact that he fought murderers in the hard hitting LHW weightclass and has gone 3 rounds with juicy Rumble and survived.
this man is the personification of hard work and a true sportsman. A lot of comments I read lately on this funny forum is people questioning "If he was really that good". You gotta be kidding me.. LEGEND
some mouth breathers say hes boring but i think Phil Davis is a top level fighter and a goat contender
and don't let me mention his body. I've never seen a body like Phil Davis. His body truly is sculpted to perfection. That is cliche, but I am just in awe of his body. I sounded completely gay while complimenting his body during the fight with Yoel

Let him fight 50+fights and see if he can go with out being kod

nah 100 fights. 200! ......whats the 50 mean? He isnt durable until he has 50 fights? In lieu of what? you would probably get ko'd straining on the toilet...

nah 100 fights. 200! ......whats the 50 mean? He isnt durable until he has 50 fights? In lieu of what? you would probably get ko'd straining on the toilet...

Chances are much higher the more fights you have

No shit. Kind of random though. it’s mad impressive to fight the people he has fought and not gone out. Crazy

Not really he plays it too safe every single fight with his long limbs. He never engages, remind me of jake shields. One day he will get caught.
Now if he fought like perry, or gaethje or jiri and never got kod then id be impressed

so if u dont have 50+ fights ur not good? most goats of this sport got ko'd or choked
Phil has gone through murderers' row with some of the juiciest boys the sport could offer and held his own.

His tough match for anyone in LHW in the world but I not sure his a legend since he has not made in big impact in LHW division beside winning LHW in Bellator. Beating Yoel is fun to watch but it does not do anything to his stocks.

so if u dont have 50+ fights ur not good? most goats of this sport got ko'd or choked
Phil has gone through murderers' row with some of the juiciest boys the sport could offer and held his own.

Read my post above your post, baby soy boy

phil-davis.jpg

never been ko'd or submitted. despite the fact that he fought murderers in the hard hitting LHW weightclass and has gone 3 rounds with juicy Rumble and survived.
this man is the personification of hard work and a true sportsman. A lot of comments I read lately on this funny forum is people questioning "If he was really that good". You gotta be kidding me.. LEGEND
some mouth breathers say hes boring but i think Phil Davis is a top level fighter and a goat contender
and don't let me mention his body. I've never seen a body like Phil Davis. His body truly is sculpted to perfection. That is cliche, but I am just in awe of his body. I sounded completely gay while complimenting his body during the fight with Yoel
Legend? No

Great fighter though

Being around for quite awhile and being pretty good does not make you a legend (only in their biggest fans minds). He has always been a character though.

I was with you up until: "a goat contender".

He may be a top 10 205er of all-time, definitely top 20. Legend may be a bit strong but I would say he's an all-time great.

Not really he plays it too safe every single fight with his long limbs. He never engages, remind me of jake shields. One day he will get caught.
Now if he fought like perry, or gaethje or jiri and never got kod then id be impressed
Yes, he should fight recklessly and risk CTE so he can impress some random sherdogger.

Back