1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

It's a good thing Nick Diaz lost

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Portland8242, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Portland8242 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Ali Abdelaziz was spouting utter shit like Nick Diaz being the #1 contender if he beat Robbie.

https://www.lowkickmma.com/ali-abde...welterweight-title-if-he-beats-robbie-lawler/

"Ali Abdelaziz has claimed that if former interim and undisputed title challenger, Nick Diaz returns triumphantly at UFC 266 in September with a second career win over former champion, Robbie Lawler, well then he’s become the #1 contender to Usman’s championship."

The last fucking thing we need is Usman chasing a fight with Nick Diaz. He's already on the record that he's leaning towards only doing money fights from now on.

2. VinceArch I am all of me.

Robbie getting back in the win column was another good thing. He fought like the Robbie of old.

3. whitebelt4life Purple Belt

Nah, he fought an even more shot person.

Newtieg, MT7, The J0ker and 11 others like this.
  4. WhoWalksWithFergus Blue Belt

Diaz vs Usman would be one of those fights where you'd almost want the commissions to step in to prevent a ridiculous spectacle, but as a fan you'd still want to see just how one sided it would be. I honestly think Dana would have gone for it too if Diaz had pulled off a win, and then Kamaru would have actually literally murdered him in front of us.

MT7, A.S. Deep and BoxingFan653 like this.
  5. BoxingFan653 Did you just grab my ass?

Almost went bad as Ngonnu v Hasbulla

A.S. Deep likes this.
  6. VinceArch I am all of me.

True.

filthynumber1 likes this.
  7. MCarpo Purple Belt

Nick proving he can’t make 170 anymore probably would have thrown some salt on that idea too….

8. bambambigelow Purple Belt

even after he lost he was still mad he didn't get the title shot. wth you obviously aren't ready for it

9. rob mafia Silver Belt

he should go vegan again. he looked great 6 months ago and looked like pure shit after apparently going on the schildo diet.

AtaTheCrow, spacegnome and MCarpo like this.
  10. Mr Wings Black Belt

Nah, you’re smokin the same stuff a lot of people are around here.

Sure, they’re a little past their prime, but both dudes looked good.

Small Town Andrew likes this.
  11. JarlSkuld Black Belt

Imagine Usman vs. Nick Diaz at 170...for the title. First death in the octagon. Earlier this year, some Sherdogger was explaining to me that no one had the skillset at 170 to beat Nick Diaz...and that if he came back he would immediately be a threat to the title holder. I tried to teach him about basic concepts like time, aging, booze, motivation, and evolving...but he wouldn't hear it.

Jarl

12. SithJiuJitsu Banned Banned

But imagine if he won

A.S. Deep likes this.
  13. rjmbrd Gold Belt

He did not. He looked just as bad as he's looking getting dominated the last few years.

Robbie just happened to fight a fat dad-bod Diaz coming off the couch who looked like cooked cat shit in there. Diaz was so slow and out of position, completely out shape.

Lawler is done fighting top 10 ranked opponents, only bad times lay that way for him.

14. 0OneTwo3 White Belt

Nah, it's like two drunk old guys fighting

15. Small Town Andrew Brown Belt

I agree Robbie was highly motivated and looked great. He soundly beat the bigger man

VinceArch and PokerandMMA like this.
  16. VinceArch I am all of me.

In Robbie's string of losses he stood there getting beat on. He actually retaliated and was aggressive. I never said he should be fighting opponents in the top 10 so I don't know where you got that from.

17. JarlSkuld Black Belt

That's like imagining yourself winning Powerball

Jarl

18. rjmbrd Gold Belt

Yeah thats just straight up not true.

Woodley KO'd him stiff in under two minutes, so not much to unpack there other then his reflexes were shot. He went to a narrow decision with Cerrone who is custom tailored for him to beat, and he spent that entire first round firing everything he had, he's just obviously lost some speed, timing and power.

Against Askren he literally threw Askren on his head and nearly murdered him on the ground. Can't think of a more ridiculous claim that he stood anywhere getting beaten on.

Covington would wrestle him and kept him constantly frustrated, showed a lot better cardio and output. Lawler was doing what he always does, but he doesn't have the athletic edge to keep up with younger fighters. He got marginally out pointed by getting wrestled and being a step behind at all times.

Against Magny, he shot for a garbage take down and was stuffed, gave up his back. He would later take him down repeatedly. Robbie did everything he could but he doesn't have the speed or athletic ability to counter wrestle a top 10 opponent. Its absurd to watch him get out grappled and say he stood there getting beat on.

In short, you're wrong.

Lawler is nearly 40 and he looks like he's nearly 40. Dad-bod Diaz was so shitty he finally got an opponent he could beat.

19. Queenofchaos Orange Belt

If he wants to fight for title he would have to fight Colby.

20. WhoWalksWithFergus Blue Belt

Not if Dana sniffed a money fight, he'd want to get it booked as quickly as possible without risking Nick losing and jeopardising the payday.