It Wasn't An Accident, Max Holloway Practiced That...

BJJ NINJA

Turtle Power
@Brown
Reaction score
... just kidding.

However, it would be funny if Holloway or his camp came out afterwards saying that it wasn't a fluke, and that they practiced defending the double leg shoot by leading their head into the cage walls.

Remember when Anderson's leg broke, and there was that hooplah about how it wasn't an accident, it was a result of Weidman's training.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Chris-Weidman-Crazy-UFC-168-Finish-Result-of-Practice-in-Checking-Low-Kicks-61333

I wonder how many people would actually believe that doodoo, if Holloway said that? Then we'd be having arguments about whether or not it was a legit technique, driving people's heads into the cage, DDT style, leading to torn necks n shit. You know there would be those out there who would fall for that poop.

BOOM, look at that upright DDT.
2-179.gif

Sucks for Charles, hope his neck heals up and they fight again.

Probably not as many people, so many Anderson haters wanted to believe it where as this would probably go more or less unnoticed/cared about.

You can't really think the two things are similar can you?

Weidman might not have known it would break the leg but when you check a leg kick from someone who kicks that hard, it isn't exactly a shock if the guy gets hurt. It just normally isn't as bad as it was. He had already hurt his other leg from a checked kick but it obviously didn't break. Anderson also doesn't exactly have thick legs and he reaches back and whips those things.

I've seen dozens of fights where announcers point out a guy has stopped throwing kicks because he hurt his leg on a kick either from contact or it being checked. With Silva it just so happened to result in the worst case scenario. I'm surprised someone who actually puts BJJ in his nickname would make such a goofy comparison.

I love that Holloway snuck in those two body shots.
What better time to get those stats up?

torn eso****us is no joke

e-soph-a-gus??? why is it blurring it out

I can't believe how much of a let down this fight was. Absolutely the worst fight that ever happened, Oliviera should've pulled out of the fight and replaced by someone else.

Don't know but its not funny to be cracking jokes about a fighter that was hurt like that.

My tai chi/spinning instructor is always teaching us how to use our chi to rupture someone's eso****us or burst their spleen. I haven't tried these techniques yet due to lack of opportunity, but I'm sure they are effective. After all, she is a good instructor despite her anger issues.

I have been waiting for the news to come out that Seagal has been working with him behind the scenes on some special throat busting techniques. "I learned this technique 30 or 40 yrs ago in Japan and I've been working on perfecting it all these years. He did it exactly like I taught him, I'm so proud of him"

Don't know but its not funny to be cracking jokes about a fighter that was hurt like that.

You would be real upset if you heard some of the jokes that are going around that are not making it onto sherdog due to the rules here. I heard one involving Oliveira and Jared from Subway that had me nearly in tears.

Would the end result be the same as spiking? If so that would make it an illegal move.

... just kidding.

However, it would be funny if Holloway or his camp came out afterwards saying that it wasn't a fluke, and that they practiced defending the double leg shoot by leading their head into the cage walls.

Remember when Anderson's leg broke, and there was that hooplah about how it wasn't an accident, it was a result of Weidman's training.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Chris-Weidman-Crazy-UFC-168-Finish-Result-of-Practice-in-Checking-Low-Kicks-61333

I wonder how many people would actually believe that doodoo, if Holloway said that? Then we'd be having arguments about whether or not it was a legit technique, driving people's heads into the cage, DDT style, leading to torn necks n shit. You know there would be those out there who would fall for that poop.

BOOM, look at that upright DDT.
2-179.gif

Sucks for Charles, hope his neck heals up and they fight again.

TS sounds like a salty Silva fan who's never heard of checking kicks in order to cause the kicker pain so that they stop kicking.

Well there is something in common; both guys celebrated it to a disgusting degree. MMA is just full of thugs.

Thinly veiled anti-Weidman posts... TS in denial.

The thing I hate about the Anderson v Weidman talk is it always comes down to a few seconds of each of the two fights. Everyone focuses in on "Anderson was clowning so he lost" or "a freak injury from the kick check" but not on the fact Weidman was beating Anderson both standing and on the ground in both fights.

Back