It was Wonderboy's Punching which was most impressive

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dessyboy, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dessyboy

Dessyboy Green Belt

Everyone's talking about this karate stance, his side kicks, his front leg roundhouse kicks, his turning back kick etc

It was his punching which was most impressive and it was his punching which enabled him to freely execute his kicking techniques

Wonderboy's punching is at a good level full stop, not just for a karate fighter. He is a level above in punching than Raymond Daniels (Glory).

I still think Wonderboy needs to improve in a few more areas before he can beat Lawler

2. Rittsy

Rittsy Red Belt

Ok.

RyanR likes this.
  3. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

How is Lawler going to hit him though? I think that's a tough matchup for him.

Anyways, yes his punches are straight, hard, and pinpoint accurate. We saw him beat up and drop Whittaker and Cote before who have pretty good hands and solid chins. Nothing new for him, but still impressive.

Spycho and Left Hook Lacy like this.
  4. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

agree. his hands have made a big difference. spinning shit is great but the hands are there for most of the action.

thatdude21601 likes this.
  5. WallyBear

WallyBear I am the liquor.

His hands looked really good, he also showed power in his hands against Cote. I think a lot of fighters would have been KO'd, but Cote has a great chin.

[​IMG]

6. TheNewEmperor

TheNewEmperor Orange Belt

Northcutt vs thompson for the "super wonderful welterweight karate" title belt

7. MontrealMauler

MontrealMauler Gold Belt

Easy to jump on the bandwagon now but from the moment I saw him, I thought he could be champion. I think Robbie has to KO him to win, I really think that he would have a hard time winning by points.

8. Dessyboy

Dessyboy Green Belt

Robbie throws a lot though

9. WalkenWouldOwn

Yeah that was brutal, he barely survived and Cote has a titanium jaw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You also rarely see him miss a punch. His accuracy is amazing.

10. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Well, he is a multiple world champion in kickboxing, so to think he only has kicks would be kinda short sighted.

11. D4C

D4C Blue Belt

His timing is insane.

12. WalkenWouldOwn

I love Robbie, but this isn't entirely true. Condit, Rory, Hendricks all threw as many or more strikes than Robbie. As great as he is, he does have a tendency to sort of take rounds off or just look for big counters at times.

BUT we also have not seen Wonderboy in the deep waters for a while, and that is where Robbie thrives. I could definitely see Wonderboy picking Robbie apart, but as they get into the championship rounds and Lawler is still coming forward throwing bombs, how would Thompson react? Even Condit, who has been in 5 round wars before, had trouble dealing with Robbie's pressure in the 5th round.

13. Miiiiiiighty

Miiiiiiighty Silver Belt

Wonderboy is a beast, I think he will beat Robbie convicingly if he can make it to a TS.
    Terrible style matchup

14. tjumper78

tjumper78 Brown Belt

am a big fan of wonderboy but didnt think he was going to win. i almost pissed/pooped my pants when he started molesting hendricks.
    i dont think anyone in ww wants to fight him now.

15. ilfirin

ilfirin Silver Belt

The only way I see Lawler beating him is by a lucky punch, to be perfectly honest. Lawler has one hell of a chin, but he gets hit quite a lot. And if he gets hit enough by Thompson that might very well be night night for him. Thompson is by far the superior striker.

16. crxer

crxer Green Belt

Thompson is going to be champ, this year mark my words. The division is wide open, with lawyer barely descisining people. He will be ko'd by Wonderboy. I will bet on that fight...

17. mudrubble

mudrubble Silver Belt

I think ppl talked about his kicking so much because they found it incredible and unlike anyone else. Maybe they found his kicking to be most impressive. I know I did.

His punches are likewise impressive, I agree. He's a complete striker in every sense of the word I've ever contemplated.

He doesn't need to do a damned thing "before he can beat Lawler" except fight him. C'mon. What the hell will Lawler do against WB? Throw a big right hand??

The way WB handled Hendrix' wrestling and the fact that he's working with all these wrestling champs.... I don't see what Robbie can do but get KO'd, realistically. That absolutely one-sided affair with Johnny should be a chilling antidote to the "Robbie has a chance" thinking.

Xplosive-Viking likes this.
  18. The Hound

The Hound Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

Vicious counter right hook and cross...

PiFFLoRD likes this.
  19. RandomUser12

RandomUser12 Purple Belt

He reks Lawler. Much quicker, more mobile, more dynamic version of Condit. Lawler will get lit up like a christmas tree.

20. mudrubble

mudrubble Silver Belt

I hope it's next for WB. If he takes a fight in between and KO's another top guy, he'll prob enter the fight with Robbie as a favourite. I hope he gets Robbie next. I would DEF bet on that....