It seems McGregor's returning to WW for more than one fight

Kael Rills

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1_IMG_5618jpeg.jpg

I saw this photo in some MMA news. If he wants a quick turnaround fight like he claims, he's going to struggle a lot to cut to 155 which makes me think he really wants Masvidal next, well knowing Khabib won't give him the rematch yet.

Also now knowing his body will be bigger than his 171-pound LW body, I'm not sure how to bet on that fight. Will he finish Cowboy in the first since he'll have more power with the added mass or will he gas even quicker and get submitted in the second?

I think Aldo or Nate 1 is incoming. Bet on McGregor 1st round KO or Cowboy 2nd round submission. There's no other ending to this fight.

Good for him if true. So long as he doesn't fuck up the title rotation at 155, I don't care about the UFC giving him money fights.

Good for him if true. So long as he doesn't fuck up the title rotation at 155 anymore, I don't care.

You know he's gonna do that eventually. But it looks he'll have one more WW fight before the Khabib rematch. I guess he doesn't want to wait until october for the Khabib fight.

Gimme fight for Conrad. At least Donnie is gonna get paid.

Khabib couldn't even submit Conor in two rounds, what the fuck is Cowboy gonna do? People are so retarded when it comes to McGregor's cardio

McGregor has the chin, timing and power to beat Cerrone
This is the perfect test to see where he is at because Cerrone is no joke and a tough fight for every top fighter.

I look at the top 10 in WW... this is not a good decision for Conor.

Look like he put on some serious mass

WW makes more sense. I'm sure he says this next fight is a "quick turnaround" because he wants to see how Khabib vs. Tony plays out. I don't think anyone can see how a rematch with Khabib would go any differently than the first one, so might as well give up on the LW title if Khabib retains. But if Tony were to win, Conor might have a shot against him. I personally think Tony would whoop Conor too, but at least it would be a different fight and one that Conor could be interested in if it was for a title. But like said, as long as Khabib is the LW champ, Conor might as well seek for gold and glory elsewhere. Not that WW would be any easier for him, on the contrary, but the idea of becoming first three-division champion probably seems much more tempting than another beatdown from Khabib.

Then again, Khabib moving up to WW is probably just a matter of time...

1_IMG_5618jpeg.jpg

I saw this photo in some MMA news. If he wants a quick turnaround fight like he claims, he's going to struggle a lot to cut to 155 which makes me think he really wants Masvidal next, well knowing Khabib won't give him the rematch yet.

Also now knowing his body will be bigger than his 171-pound LW body, I'm not sure how to bet on that fight. Will he finish Cowboy in the first since he'll have more power with the added mass or will he gas even quicker and get submitted in the second?

I think Aldo or Nate 1 is incoming. Bet on McGregor 1st round KO or Cowboy 2nd round submission. There's no other ending to this fight.
looks like he has a vagina

Gimme fight for Conrad. At least Donnie is gonna get paid.
Dangerous fight especially at WW.
Cowboy has fought at WW for a good while.
He's also a top LW losing only to the top contenders and lately has shown to mix up takedowns and fight smarter.
Lose-Lose for Conor regardless, if he KOes him people will say Cowboy was washed up.
I am also v happy Cowboy is getting paid for everything he's done so far. Hope he negotiated a great deal.

Put a picture of Conor next to Usman or Edwards......
Conor isn't even as big as Colby.

Dangerous fight especially at WW.
Cowboy has fought at WW for a good while.
He's also a top LW losing only to the top contenders and lately has shown to mix up takedowns and fight smarter.
Lose-Lose for Conor regardless, if he KOes him people will say Cowboy was washed up.
I am also v happy Cowboy is getting paid for everything he's done so far. Hope he negotiated a great deal.
Cowboy said recently he's not getting much on top of his existing contract, and the UFC get a fixed amount for PPV's under their new deal, it's not like the old system at all.

1_IMG_5618jpeg.jpg

2424892501_5cfbab80cc.jpg

Then hes a mad bastard because WW is even worse for him than lightweight due to the added size. He loses to at least half of the top 10 and possibly even some outside of it.

IMO Conor is hoping to do something like ...

Cerrone @ 170 in January
Masvidal @ 170 in spring (to proclaim himself 3 belts champ, BaddestMF and all that)
Khabib @ 155 in autumn or the WW champion if it's an interesting matchup (Conor is many things but scared isn't one of them)

All of the above assuming he wins each step in impressive fashion obviously.

Quite a high-risk high-reward project if it's indeed like that.

I think Conor should stick at LW, he is too big for FW and too small for WW

Back