It`s normal to not watch some of your favorite fighters live?

VictorCosta

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So now I got into a stage that I just can`t watch my favorites fighters fight live at UFC :eek:

I can watch whatever fighter killing themself literally in the cage but I just can`t watch Aldo, Shogun, Lawler, JDS or Bones till the next day. My heart pump so hard live that I think it gonna literally exploded, so I just go sleep and read the result the next day.

So I was wondering how you guys manage to do that (watch live) so constantly without having a heart attack because alot of guys here in sherdog goes crazy all the time.

It must be the beer...:rolleyes:

Watching when high sucks, I don't get high when there's an important fight happening, an important fight per se gets me high. The only fight I got to watch live was when the GOAT broke his leg and it sucked, it's much better on TV.

I'd get your head examined.

Yeah ...... I'd have a difficult time NOT watching my fave fighters fight . I'd have a nervous breakdown while waiting

you prob need to get off sherdog - its hard to be a fan of fighters who dont win every time if you're around here for too long

Yeah ...... I'd have a difficult time NOT watching my fave fighters fight . I'd have a nervous breakdown while waiting

Yeah and that`s my problem nowondays, I can`t watch my favs fight but i`m ok with any other fighters outside that list. Sometimes we just need to let it go for a while till my mind gets comfortable again.

Here in brazil we pay a few bucks for month to watch every UFC event live in a tv or via internet, not that I`m wasting my money because I still watch others cards.

It sounds like you are really really emotionally invested in your favorite fighters.

I think that's awesome but, like almost everything positive, you can get too much of a good thing.

If you're so attached to your guys that you can't watch them fight then IMO, you've gone a bit too far into fanaticism.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you but I really love watching fighters I like actually fight. If I couldn't watch them because I got too nervous I would have to take a step back and get some perspective because I would consider my response as way too extreme.

Don't listen to the people saying you are crazy but if something is holding you back, kick its ass.

Yeah and that`s my problem nowondays, I can`t watch my favs fight but i`m ok with any other fighters outside that list. Sometimes we just need to let it go for a while till my mind gets comfortable again.

Here in brazil we pay a few bucks for month to watch every UFC event live in a tv or via internet, not that I`m wasting my money because I still watch others cards.

He is saying he has basically the opposite problem you have. Not the same at all.

No

You're not a true fan

Shame on you

well, im nervous as fuck but i watch it anyway

What is the point of supporting fighters if you can't even watch them fight? Part of what I love about MMA is its unpredictability. Try to enjoy the sport rather than get so invested in certain fighters.

Thats the backbone of watching sports. To go cheesy, it makes you feel alive. Tragic or celebratory, it really makes you feel.

Thats also what makes it so exciting live. Not everyone likes being overwhelmed with those sorts of emotions, but most fandom lives for it. High highs, low lows. Its a beautiful thing.

well, im nervous as fuck but i watch it anyway

Are people here really that obsessed that they actually get nervous for the fighters?

If I see my favourite guys fighting I get excited, win or lose.

Are people here really that obsessed that they actually get nervous for the fighters?

It seems that a few are. I wouldn't say that 'people here' all are like that. I've had several guys that I've trained with and are actual friends I've hung out with outside the gym compete in the UFC and I don't even get close to as nervous as these guys seem to be about strangers.

I get excited not nervous.

It sounds like you are really really emotionally invested in your favorite fighters.

I think that's awesome but, like almost everything positive, you can get too much of a good thing.

If you're so attached to your guys that you can't watch them fight then IMO, you've gone a bit too far into fanaticism.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you but I really love watching fighters I like actually fight. If I couldn't watch them because I got too nervous I would have to take a step back and get some perspective because I would consider my response as way too extreme.

Don't listen to the people saying you are crazy but if something is holding you back, kick its ass.

Pretty much, I get really emotionally watching live but the funny thing is that it`s only with those fighters. I guess sherdog plays a role also, but i was wondering how guys here in sherdog like rip:grindinganarchy that invest so much time into a specific fighter here in sherdog manage to handle that pressure whatching they fight live.

Watching when high sucks, I don't get high when there's an important fight happening, an important fight per se gets me high. The only fight I got to watch live was when the GOAT broke his leg and it sucked, it's much better on TV.

pfft I blaze up every fight :cool:

With wand and shogun I'm very nervous
Kinda weird but look at my sig and might show why, when I'm watching them it's like I've bet my whole life saving,home,car and everything on the fight

well the guy that created the thread dont even watch of how nervous he is

and yeah i get nervous as fuck with mostly gus mcgregor and weidman. ofc not when its a mismatch

i just dont want them to lose

As a huge fan of Machida and Shogun, UFC 113 was probably the most intense four minutes of sports viewing of my life.

Couldn't imagine missing it live, though. I look forward to seeing my favorite guys fight months out.

Back