It pains me to say it but Moose is just a gatekeeper at this point

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm totally being a keyboard warrior here but I'm sick of his lackadaisical approach to his fights. I've seen MMA fighters spar with 100x the intensity than his last few fights.

It just looks like he's not that interested in there...dont give me that calm demeanor stuff. He looks disengaged.

He's a very skilled fighter. He just coasts from distance at times and just uses a jab and a one two. I think he can be competitive with anyone as long as the fight stays standing.

Can't somebody be a top fighter and lack intensity at the same time?

Gives a beautiful performance, completely shutting out a top 10 guy and gets criticized. Lol, sherdog.

Hmm, well, i dont think he will get the belt, but Gatekeeper, at least to me, means the guy that youre pretty good if you can beat.

If hes a gatekeeper, its gatekeeper to the top 5, or even to a title shot.

Are you booing me? You better not be booing me! I fought my Fing ass off! F me? F you!

Can't somebody be a top fighter and lack intensity at the same time?

Yes...we saw it with Fedor and a few years back we saw it with Gegard but hes just not the same anymore. Im a huge fan of his but he looks like he's disinterested in there at this point. He's fighting to not lose anymore...not to win.

He's top 10, but he won't get a title shot anytime soon, and probably ever.

I think he might have brain damage, or is literally just apathetic in his motivation to fight, he's in a zombie state...

Dude tons of people agree his fights are boring as shit.
That's fine but it doesn't mean that they are. From a technical standpoint that performance was fantastic. He measured Leites the entire fight with his jab and stuffed every takedown. If you don't like someone being good enough to shut out an opponent that's fine but it isn't his fault, and he shouldn't be punished for it.

Not sure why he doesn't pull the trigger.
If he did, he would finish most of the division.

Got the gsp syndrome. Got finished once when he shouldn't have, then spent rest of his career fighting safe.

Moose always looks lackadaisical. He is just a very methodological fighter. I agree it comes off looking a little weird but just his style, which is definitely conservative. He's a talented guy though.

It's possible he will remain an elite gatekeeper for his UFC run, never quite in contention for the title. Still, you never know.

Back