It must cut DC up that Jones is so much a bigger draw

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
With the Jones v DC drama, i'm in the middle, i like both fighters

DC has done some amazing things but the absolute domination by Jones in their two bouts will always taint DC's greatness (just makes him very very very good, not legendary)

I think it must cut up DC that Jones is so much a bigger draw (as PPV numbers have shown)

DC can only draw big against Jones or other big drawing names like Lesnar

DC deserves and should get a few big paydays before retiring, but his options are limited

DC v any other light heavy not named Jones equals poor PPV buys

DC v any other heavy not named Jones or Lesnar equals poor PPV buys

Controversial fighters tend to sell PPVs because so many people want to see them lose/win so badly.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

He probably sleeps pretty well at night. He’ll always know that the only guy that beat him had to cheat to do it. It’s just not worth worrying about. He can’t control certain things and it is what it is.

Jones getting boosted by those sweet Cyborg ppv numbers.

americans, hell most people, love supporting assholes. it shows in film/tv media ,advertising, sports, politics etc

He probably sleeps pretty well at night. He’ll always know that the only guy that beat him had to cheat to do it. It’s just not worth worrying about. He can’t control certain things and it is what it is.

The only guy to ever beat him was the son of a cheater man

DC has done some amazing things but the absolute domination by Jones in their two bouts will always taint DC's greatness (just makes him very very very good, not legendary)

I think it must cut up DC that Jones is so much a bigger draw (as PPV numbers have shown)

DC deserves and should get a few big paydays before retiring, but his options are limited

HW>LHW you scrub

I'd rather watch Jon Jones fight because of the circus that follows him. I find his style more enjoyable to watch than DC, but if a genie said I had to be DC or Jon Jones for the rest of my life I'd pick DC all day. Jones is a shit magnet and I've spent most of my youth around shit magnets, don't have the stomach for that shit anymore. Aside from Towelgate and poking Stipe in the eyes, I think DC a legit dude.

I doubt he cares. He's a smart guy, goof loves him, he seems to have a secure broadcasting job, and he's an excellent coach. His future is fine.

Frankly it's probably reassuring for him that Jones is a bigger draw considering people are generally drawn to jackasses.

Jon vs gus did ok 700k, that pretty low you would have thought it would done more numbers on how much talk about the roids and people wanting see Jones get a L. Then the hype from the first fight of Jones vs gus. I would be shocked if Jones vs Smith does better than 500k.

Jones isn't a super ppv draw gsp did more ppv numbers after being gone for 4 years.

it must cut jon up that he not even clsoe to the real man that dc is.

Not legendary???

Name any fighter(not named Jon Jones) ever, that could beat him??? And Jon Jones was 27 when he he first fought DC(who was 2 months shy of his 36 birthday). DC was 38 when they fought the 2nd time. That is something that people do not mention enough.

20120519_kkt_st3_017.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

10797539_web1_MMA-UFC226_070718ev_044.jpg

b4f5eebc2cfb80e49dae3b6485ba6703

Pride33-DanHendersonXWanderleiSilva-01-KO-400-sg.gif

"I don't know... Maybe I'll go for a 3rd belt... And I can't make LW... So, you never know. I might end up at HW." (2:26)

hendo-fedor_large.jpg

3.gif
il04CG.gif

052514-UFC-173-Barao-vs-Dillashaw-Gallery-Daniel-cormier-JW-G.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

gettyimages-545752252.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8okBgnUz-0

20150523_0020_Anthony_Johnson_vs_Daniel_Cormier.0.0.jpg

Last edited:
Back