It is for legacy: Khabib would be the combat sports GOAT if he beat Floyd.

TS indicates that the only way Khabib beats Floyd is if age suddenly catches up with Mayweather and he falls in the "gutter"...and yet that win would somehow make Khabib the "all combat sports GOAT."

Welcome to Sherdog logic at it's worst, ladies and gentlemen.

Khabib beat an unranked LW for the title, and then a two-year ring rusted/always had trouble with grapplers McGregor as his one, solitary defense...he's two years of consistent fights and solid defenses before his name is even mentioned in the same sentence as Greatest. He's a talented fighter, without doubt. But he may not even be the greatest LW of the current roster, never mind all time. Let him beat Tony. Beat Dustin. Beat Lee. Beat Gaethje. Talk then. Anything before that is premature ejaculation, son.

Dude, floyd is 41...where are you getting he's "nearing 45" 41 is not nearing 45, you goof...and if you think khabib would even land a punch on floyd and not get absolutely destroyed, you're a delusional little troll who should be banned...now go away...
By the time fight takes place it will be more like 42 which is way past it in terms of a boxer... infact the drop between 40 and 42 can be massive.

Anyone can win a fight on any given night. The fact you're giving Khabib no chance at all is complete bullshit.

I bet you never gave Khabib a chance to drop and outstrike Conor either. People keep underestimating what this guy is capable of.

How many threads were there on Conor beating Floyd? Hundreds.

Khabib just dropped and outstruck Conor and Floyd is only older.

dipshit, khabib didn't and doesn't outstrike anyone..he out grapples people. wears them down, then his striking becomes more effective..or guys are so worried about his takedown, that his striking becomes more effective....but by itself, khabib's striking is terrible...let me edit this post..after thinking about it...khabib has good striking, for his style of fighting..it's actually very effective...but, by itself, he would get killed against a good standup fighter...his standup is only effective, when combined with his type of non stop grappling and takedown attempts.

Last edited:
Whats interesting is that Khabib opened with better odds to beat Floyd than Conor did

TS indicates that the only way Khabib beats Floyd is if age suddenly catches up with Mayweather and he falls in the "gutter"...and yet that win would somehow make Khabib the "all combat sports GOAT."

Welcome to Sherdog logic at it's worst, ladies and gentlemen.

Khabib beat an unranked LW for the title, and then a two-year ring rusted/always had trouble with grapplers McGregor as his one, solitary defense...he's two years of consistent fights and solid defenses before his name is even mentioned in the same sentence as Greatest. He's a talented fighter, without doubt. But he may not even be the greatest LW of the current roster, never mind all time. Let him beat Tony. Beat Dustin. Beat Lee. Beat Gaethje. Talk then. Anything before that is premature ejaculation, son.
That's how it will be perceived.

If he beats an undefeated boxing GOAT, and rides off into the sunset undefeated in MMA, his name would pass to legend whether you feel it's fair or not.

90% chance it happens this summer in Moscow before 100,000 plus. Khabib and his family are irate with the UFC. He has the backing of Umar Kremlev now. Kremlev is the link to money and Floyd that is needed to make this happen.

Khabib is also a real Russian Patriot (more than Fedor who uses it as a prop). Here he is with the "Night Wolves". A nationalist Russian biker gang. I can see a scenario where the UFC loses all of its Dagestani and Chechen fighters.

It's a fight.

Anything can happen. Pretending otherwise is foolhardy.

It was a laughable, inconceivable notion that Khabib would drop and outstrike Conor but here we are.

Khabib has a huge upside here. 50 million and a chance to be the combat sports GOAT.

Floyd doesn't hit hard enough to do real damage at this point.
Holy fuck, MMA fans are D E L U S I O N A L.

Floyd could beat Khabib then his brother then his father then his dog, then his school teacher in the same night, in a boxing ring with boxing rules. You need to lay off the crack. Khabib would lose to pro boxers with under 5 pro fights. He'll beat the best boxer of the last 25 years though, sure.

"Anything can happen" holds a lot more water in MMA than Boxing as there are far more intangibles. Show me when in the history of boxing has a guy with 0 pro fights beat a world champ the calibre of Mayweather or even a champ close to Mayweather in terms of legacy. I'll wait.

It's a fight.

Anything can happen. Pretending otherwise is foolhardy.

It was a laughable, inconceivable notion that Khabib would drop and outstrike Conor but here we are.

Khabib has a huge upside here. 50 million and a chance to be the combat sports GOAT.

Floyd doesn't hit hard enough to do real damage at this point.

again, he didn't outstrike conor...he out wrestled conor...he landed one punch of conor..that's it..that isn't outstriking him....let me guess, you're 14 years old....how close am I?????

Whats interesting is that Khabib opened with better odds to beat Floyd than Conor did
Interesting, I presume he has better chances than Conor because:

Floyd is a little bit older. Khabib, is bigger, and his chin is better than Conor's plus he outstruck Conor and has better cardio.

So would Conor have. The reality is they are stupid fights that only result in top mma stars getting embarrassed. There's zero reason for legacy, the only reason is a cash grab.

First off, the fight is never going to happen. Second, there is no way Khabib beats Mayweather unless it's fixed.

By the time fight takes place it will be more like 42 which is way past it in terms of a boxer... infact the drop between 40 and 42 can be massive.

Anyone can win a fight on any given night. The fact you're giving Khabib no chance at all is complete bullshit.

I bet you never gave Khabib a chance to drop and outstrike Conor either. People keep underestimating what this guy is capable of.

Not for guys who keep themselves in good shape...guys that don't abuse their bodies can stay near peak condition for decades...go google bernard hopkins, who was world champion at 49 years old.. we are talking about a guy that has taken very very little damage in his career..you can count the number of hard shots he's taken on one freaken hand...

Edit: Khabib opened with better odds to beat Floyd than Conor.

Floyd, as far ahead as he is of Khabib in terms of boxing skill, is nearing 45 years old.

At that age you can drop in the gutter real fast. Overnight even. Floyd has no power to begin with.

Khabib is much bigger, stronger and younger and has a head of granite. A victory is unlikely but lets not act like Floyd's number might not be up. Especally if Khabib improves his boxing as much as he did between Iaquinta and Conor and has some top trainers on the job.

It would also improve him as a striker to have a camp focused solely on high level boxiing and he would make 50 million with the chance to walk off into the sunset as the combat sports GOAT.

People keep doubting this guy but man from mountain no lose fights.

zPjxBs.gif

Where do you get 45?? Floyd just turned 41 this year.

And this fight would be horrible to see, it would look far worse than Floyd/Gatti and that was brutal to watch. Khabib would take a beating.

Where do you get 45?? Floyd just turned 41 this year.

And this fight would be horrible to see, it would look far worse than Floyd/Gatti and that was brutal to watch. Khabib would take a beating.
The young Floyd that beat down Gatti lost his power after his hands because brittle.

He couldn't even hurt Conor.

Floyd is a little bit older. Khabib, is bigger, and his chin is better than Conor's plus he outstruck Conor and has better cardio.
Psst psst
That's not how betting lines work

I'll let you in on something...age has very little to do with going downhill...it's mostly from losing desire. losing desire to train, losing desire to compete..if you have those things, you can fight for a very long time, barring injury and/or brain trauma...and floyd isn't going to go downhil in a year or 2..anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

I don't know other than some buzz what its worth for khabib to wreck his "Legacy" buy getting pwned by Floyd
the only way Khabib wins against him in a stand up fight is in Muay Thai, in straight kick boxing Floyd could still win...

People acting like Khabib would tool Conor in a straight up boxing match because he knocked him down while he was worried about a take down. lol

Mayweather could handle both of them in the same night if he wanted to.

That's how it will be perceived.

If he beats an undefeated boxing GOAT, and rides off into the sunset undefeated in MMA, his name would pass to legend whether you feel it's fair or not.
It's not a matter of whether I think it's fair. It's a matter of whether it's even remotely accurate.

The perception of idiots means nothing to me.

Back