• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It is apparent that the average American does not understand the President's job..

To be fair when you are the person in charge you are going to be held responsible even if its not your fault.
And Obama was the first president that fully lived in the social media world. You are now probably aware of a lot more idiots opinion than before via blogs, twitter stupid YouTube videos, podcasts etc.
Bush already was exposed to that but not to the same extend. Also he has done so badly that there is no point in arguing about it even if you are a republican.

To be fair when you are the person in charge you are going to be held responsible even if its not your fault.
And Obama was the first president that fully lived in the social media world. You are now probably aware of a lot more idiots opinion than before via blogs, twitter stupid YouTube videos, podcasts etc.
Bush already was exposed to that but not to the same extend. Also he has done so badly that there is no point in arguing about it even if you are a republican.

it's worse than that - republicans and conservatives will actually post youtube videos and stupid fucking blogs as a SOURCE of information. as though the opinions of other trogs is somehow valid and has credential over people who have an actual foundation of knowledge on the topics they discuss.

global warming? fuck scientists, they are in the pockets of big grant money. lets hear from joe shit kicker on whether it's a problem.

education reform? policy experts are a bunch of fucking hacks, lets read about it from a guy who hates minorities for being lazy. that's a hell of a source.

i would say that has probably been the biggest intellectual drain of the right, is the constant reference to horrifically unqualified people as a source of information and knowledge. it is a clear indicator of the power of propaganda amongst the right, and has clearly manifested itself with the donald trump nomination. the only fortunate thing is the rest of the country easily spots how fucking absurd this all is and is reacting very appropriately (i.e. completely dismissive of how stupid this all is).

The right has been blaming the black guy for almost 8 years... Everything that is bad about this country is his fault and everything that's good just happened by circumstance. Although according to many on the right there is literally nothing good about this country and it needs to be made great again by a buffoon who knows nothing about running a country

Don't worry, if Hillary wins you can stick your head in the sand for another 4 years yelling "Sexism sexism sexism, the right only disagrees with Hillary because of sexism!"

TS, I think we agree, I feel that if you tell me a bad thing happened, before you can blame POTUS you have to tell me what he should have done differently to get a better result. If you can't, it isn't an intelligent criticism.

But I would caution you about equating the War Room w/ "The Average American".

It doesn't bother me that much when people blame or credit the president with the overall state of the country. It just gets really stupid when they try to blame every little specific thing on the president like gas prices, crime, spilled cheetos etc.

057.gif

156501-thanks-obama-cookie-too-big-fo-2agb.gif

The right has been blaming the black guy for almost 8 years... Everything that is bad about this country is his fault and everything that's good just happened by circumstance. Although according to many on the right there is literally nothing good about this country and it needs to be made great again by a buffoon who knows nothing about running a country

In case you haven't noticed, the right doesn't like Hillary either. So take your racist BS elsewhere. Oh, lemme guess, the right doesn't like women, right? :rolleyes:

So how come it doesn't bother you?

Know what bothers me? I read an article the other day about how something like only 10% of the population participates regularly in congressional elections. A large portion of the people in this 10% hold strong partisan views.

This very vocal and active minority is making decisions that impact that majority that is either misinformed or does not pay attention.

Here is the article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-political-process-isnt-rigged-it-has-much-bigger-problems/

3. Primaries have become the new general elections — The Cook Political Report currently rates just 37 of 435 House seats as competitive this fall, less than 9 percent of the House. As a result, primary elections have become tantamount to general elections in the vast majority of seats. Because primaries are held on many different dates, they tend to generate less national attention and attract disproportionate shares of hardcore, ideological party activists to the polls.

In 2014, only 14.6 percent of eligible voters participated in congressional primaries — a record low, according to the Center for the Study of the American Electorate. That means a tiny fraction of voters who are the most hardened partisans are essentially electing more than 90 percent of members of Congress. And these low-turnout primaries are often easy prey for ideological interest groups who demand purity.

Dude what about State elections to State Congress? Most people have no clue who represents them at State level. Which has a huge impact on things that affect you more directly.

I see the president position as a sort of a voodoo doll. They put a new one up every 4 or 8 years and they absorb all the negative energy and then the people partaking in the election circus can vote them out in a sort of ritual exercise. This placates the people and gives them a constant sense of hope for the next guy to bring about the change they always wanted. Or just change for changes sake.

This is how democracy is stable.

Meanwhile the wealthy oligarchy that actually runs things can continue unabated while the people squabble amongst themselves.

I've been following this board, and reading political pieces for years, and one thing that always gets on my nerves is when people place the blame on the President.

There is a thread on here about Obama's immigration policy- implying that problems with the policy are strictly Barack Obama's fault. I heard something the other day about mass incarcerations due to policies enacted during the Clinton presidency. Not too long ago we had a serious recession and everyone was looking to blame Bush..

It seems that people don't understand that the President is not all-powerful. Presidential nominees run on these campaigns making all kinds of promises, yet, each proposal would have to pass through Congress.

Whether people are voting because they "want to make America great again" or whether they want to see "a political revolution come", in the end they will be disappointed with the results four years later when their nominee only manages to enact a handful of those campaign promises.

The media is fully aware of people's ignorance of our government's system of checks and balances, and they make it even worse by giving so much time to presidential elections and practically ignoring local races and the races for Congress and the Senate.

Does this bother anyone else?

Showed his true colors when he didn't come to Louisiana.

I've been following this board, and reading political pieces for years, and one thing that always gets on my nerves is when people place the blame on the President.

There is a thread on here about Obama's immigration policy- implying that problems with the policy are strictly Barack Obama's fault. I heard something the other day about mass incarcerations due to policies enacted during the Clinton presidency. Not too long ago we had a serious recession and everyone was looking to blame Bush..

It seems that people don't understand that the President is not all-powerful. Presidential nominees run on these campaigns making all kinds of promises, yet, each proposal would have to pass through Congress.

Whether people are voting because they "want to make America great again" or whether they want to see "a political revolution come", in the end they will be disappointed with the results four years later when their nominee only manages to enact a handful of those campaign promises.

The media is fully aware of people's ignorance of our government's system of checks and balances, and they make it even worse by giving so much time to presidential elections and practically ignoring local races and the races for Congress and the Senate.

I don't want to be too much of a dick here, but I'm not sure if you do either, because a president should get the blame when a bill passes, without a veto proof majority, and the legislation is a disaster.

Clinton is responsible for the 96 crime bill, NAFTA, and deregulating the banks. None of those things passed with a veto proof majority.

This is mostly a conservative problem. This is also why if the right does not pivot they will continue to get their clock cleaned in every presidential election.
The right wing media, only narrative is too blame the left. NOw their is nothing wrong with that but no alternative ideas were presented. This has turned the right into a bunch of whiney bitches that their heroes like Regan would be embarrassed to be associated with. It is fucking sad, they blew this election. I mean that they can not even put up a candidate that can beat Shillary. Let that sink in. The worst candidate of my lifetime is running against the other worst candidate of my lifetime. I thought for sure the GOP would win the presidency, but their media blew it for them. My GOD, to think they will lose to Shillary is pathetic. I would be like not getting laid in a whorehouse.
The GOP needs to do better and change the narrative from sore losers to presenting alternative ideas.
Cliffs
The rights narrative of blaming Obama, has turned them into whiney losers.

Easier to blame the black guy then their own shitty decisions
\

Yet all liberals did was blame the old white guy during his 8 years.

hypocritical shitlords the lot of you

\

Yet all liberals did was blame the old white guy during his 8 years.

hypocritical shitlords the lot of you
LOL, he said easier to blame the black guy than their own shitty decisions, LOL

Yet I'm sure If I said that blacks think its easier to blame whitey than their shitty decisions, he would freak out.

No you don't, you see a black guy and try to project that on others.

43% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim, and 40% think he was born in Kenya. That's not even a fringe minority-- it's nearly half of the fucking party.

If you don't assign racism to that, you're blind.

Dude what about State elections to State Congress? Most people have no clue who represents them at State level. Which has a huge impact on things that affect you more directly.
I know.. that situation is even worse.

It kind of feels like people don't even try for those positions though. I'll get flyers in the mail, or sometimes they get handed to me, asking me to vote for a specific person. The flyers never really explain why I need to vote for said person, what they are looking to change, etc. If I wanted to learn, I'd have to look into it on my own. You really think everyone is going to take the time to do all that?

43% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim, and 40% think he was born in Kenya. That's not even a fringe minority-- it's nearly half of the fucking party.

If you don't assign racism to that, you're blind.

Well that and the fact they are uneducated baboons

I don't want to be too much of a dick here, but I'm not sure if you do either, because a president should get the blame when a bill passes, without a veto proof majority, and the legislation is a disaster.

Clinton is responsible for the 96 crime bill, NAFTA, and deregulating the banks. None of those things passed with a veto proof majority.
Right, but all of those bills had to pass through Congress first, right? Meaning he wasn't the only one who supported those things, not by a long shot.

Bill was looking to pass a healthcare bill during his run, but that didn't happen. He also wanted to use the budget surplus for certain infrastructure programs, that didn't happen either.

My issue with the crime bill in particular is that people are blaming Clinton directly for the amount of people being incarcerated. As if Bill directed a force of officers to take innocent people off the street and throw them in jails. Or Bill sat in a chair and decided who did and who didn't go to jail.

My other issue was a few years ago when the economy was tumbling, unemployment rates were relatively high, everyone started going to the POTUS for answers, or anyone running for election. Didn't realize it was the President's job to go to private businesses and post job openings or give people raises.

Right, and when a President does something like that, if he continually goes out of line, he can be impeached.

With a Republican majority in the House and Senate, shouldn't have been too hard.

You also have a Supreme Court that could have thrown that bill out.

Back