It doesn’t make sense to push for a Khabib rematch.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It’s really bad business actually when you can have conor (coming off a really nice first round win) fight strikers and stand up guys in money matches. He can fight JG,Wonderboy,Nate Diaz, Masvidal (BMF title) and a bunch of other guys instead. If you have Conor take another lopsided loss then you damage his brand permanently.

I really feel like Dana doesn’t know what he’s doing in the slightest and it’s confusing the hell out of me. He has so many options.

Not necessarily, even if Conor gets cucked by Khabib again they’d probably just match him up against some other washed up fighter like Robbie and his fans base would eat it up...

I mean look how happy they were at him beating losing streak CTE Cowboy? Absolutely pathetic

<36>

It’s really bad business actually when you can have conor (coming off a really nice first round win) fight strikers and stand up guys in money matches. He can fight JG,Wonderboy,Nate Diaz, Masvidal (BMF title) and a bunch of other guys instead. If you have Conor take another lopsided loss then you damage his brand permanently.

I really feel like Dana doesn’t know what he’s doing in the slightest and it’s confusing the hell out of me. He has so many options.

it the biggest fight in ufc history so what wrong with that.why have conor lose vs lesser names and make less money when he can fight the losing fight and make the most money. conor doesnt beat jorge or justin so why do that and lose all the monsy the khabib rematch is.

Dana definitely isn't showing a lot of confidence in Conor. Khabib is probably his biggest money fight along with Masvidal, but Dana doesn't want to gamble on Conor fighting anyone that could beat him before getting that payday.

Conor vs Khabib 2 - 2.5m PPV
Conor vs Nate 3 - 1.5-2m PPV
Conor vs Mayweather...
That is what the UFC wants. The Cowboy fight barely made 1m PPV. Why have other fights with more risk and less money. For example, if he were to fight Masvidal and lose, then the Khabib rematch is off and his hype is damaged.

Conor vs Khabib 2 - 2.5m PPV
Conor vs Nate 3 - 1.5-2m PPV
Conor vs Mayweather...
That is what the UFC wants. The Cowboy fight barely made 1m PPV. Why have other fights with more risk and less money. For example, if he were to fight Masvidal and lose, then the Khabib rematch is off and his hype is damaged.
Oh where did they release the ppv numbers for 246?

Dana-White-Money.jpg

If Conor fought Khabib and somehow won the third fight would be the biggest MMA fight in history. It makes sense to give him a chance because the rematch would still be up there with the biggest fights.

He can also fight all those match-ups if he loses to Khabib

When will people realize Conor's star power isn't based on wins and loses
There are fighters currently on godly streaks that can't pull views...Casuals don't give a fuck about W-L records
His ability to create drama and put on an exciting fight pretty much everytime is what sells

Oh where did they release the ppv numbers for 246?
Disney CEO and Chairman Robert Iger revealed that UFC 246 drew 1 million pay-per-view buys to ESPN+. Conor is not a 2m PPV draw when he fights unknown fighters(to casuals). The only way Conor does 2m+ is against Khabib, Nate, Mayweather.

Disney CEO and Chairman Robert Iger revealed that UFC 246 drew 1 million pay-per-view buys to ESPN+. Conor is not a 2m PPV draw when he fights unknown fighters(to casuals). The only way Conor does 2m+ is against Khabib, Nate, Mayweather.
Can you post a source

Yea. Dana has no idea what he’s doing. What has he even done with the UFC since he took over?

Yea. Dana has no idea what he’s doing. What has he even done with the UFC since he took over?

Agreed.. that bald dude has been bringing UFC down since the 90s, surprised he haven't been replaced yet. If someone else had been in charge the past 20 30years, MMA would have been bigger than soccer. WorldFuckingDomination.

It's good business to add more ESPN subscribers no? The number of new subscribers would skyrocket. That said screw Conor I hope the rematch doesn't happen.

Back