News It’s A Date! Artem “GOAT” Lobov will face rival Paulie Malignaggi, June 22 in New Hampshire

3 things.

#1. Paulie hasn't fought in ages and he's never fought without boxing gloves.

#2. Paulies hands are bound to break within 2 rounds.

#3. No gloves=different sport. I don't think Paulie knows WTF he's in for.

Dude MUST need the money. I got Artem. Active, fought with 4oz gloves most of his career, bare knuckle is essentially the same as far a defense goes and dude is tough as nails.

Bare Knuckle giving the people what they want

Take notes Dana

Who’s saying that? Besides, he was pretty fucking good. Come on man, don’t be that guy who calls everyone but the goats trash. He was a 2 time world champion.
No no no no no......I'm nothing about what you're saying. I'm as objective as they come. And I've been a boxing fan longer than an MMA fan.

You can't call "2 time world champion" without putting perspective on what those titles were, how shitty the division was at the time and the guys he beat. Realistically Paulie was nothing more than a gatekeeper who lucked out with some sub-par competitio and lost almost every big name fight he was in. I give him props for the heart, grit and ability to stay standing against some legit dudes, but that's about it. Since this Artem/Paulie shit has popped up, people have been going on about Paulie like he was some kind of top level boxer and I'm here to temper that notion.

Is he miles ahead of Artem in terms of boxing fundamentals? No discussion. But he's older, looked terrible in his last 3-4 fights and is fighting a guy who just doesn't give a fuck. Take into account his notoriously soft and fragile hands and this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't be shocked when Lobov violates him in ugly fashion.

Why is anyone giving artem a shot?

He's a shite mma fighter, never mind just striking with hands.

He also has a 20 inch reach.

Paulie is a has been and he did have hand issues

However, he is miles ahead when it comes to fundamentals

Foot and hand speed
Agility
Timing
Accuracy
Power (yes it was medicore for a top pro, but Artem is a bum)
Ring I.Q
Defence
Both guys are tough (but again Paulie proved his toughness against elite punchers so edges it)

I would happily fight little Artem bare knuckle for decent money. He's a a fucking walking punch bag

Jason knight went 5 rounds with Artem and y’all worried Paulie can’t?... shit seems twisted.

Compare Jason knight and Paulie in boxing or mma striking, we all know who would come out superior.

Don't like Conor but pulling for Lobov Artem is a solid bloke.

Paulie is wack.

Interesting match.

Artem is bigger.

He can go hard for 5 rounds.

The boy can take a punch.

He's probably a harder hitter if he can hone the technique.

If he can land a couple shots on Paulina, it will be a fun fight.
That's a big if.
Paulies boxing is legit af.

wait artem is boxing against a good pro boxer?
he wont do well

Jason knight went 5 rounds with Artem and y’all worried Paulie can’t?... shit seems twisted.

Compare Jason knight and Paulie in boxing or mma striking, we all know who would come out superior.
Jason Knight is used to the violence......Paulie is not.

There's no question on paper this should be a lock for Paulie, but you've gotta look at the intangibles and circumstances. I think Artem walks through his pillows and shocks most people.

lol, Artems face will be healed up a week before the fight takes place and be able to start sparring again

Not like sparring matters this time.

He can spar all he wants, he still going to get fucking destroyed

Can’t see any way Artem is remotely competitive. Not sure Paulie has the power to put him away but he likely embarrasses him en route to a decision.

If you're a combat sports fan, I don't know how you couldn't be excited to see what the fuck happens in this one.

I'll saveyou some time.

Really good pro boxer in a boxing match against a mediocre MMA fighter .

The fuck you think is gonna happen?

Paulie via being better at every single facet of boxing haha

I'll saveyou some time.

Really good pro boxer in a boxing match against a mediocre MMA fighter .

The fuck you think is gonna happen?

Paulie via being better at every single facet of boxing haha
Very blunt, very true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back