Issues with this site

DIRTYCOP

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ive been a reader of this site for 15 years, and have been a member for 6.

The ad banners have gotten completely out of control, to the point where there are banners on either side of the center of the page and cut off the actual text. I cant read the complete posts. Is this happening to anyone else?

When I try to use an ad blocker, it then prompts me to pay for a membership.

Is that where we are at now? We cant read Sherdog unless we pay for access?

Can't afford a Plat membership or a good ad blocker?

you sound poor.

The ad banners have gotten completely out of control, to the point where there are banners on either side of the center of the page and cut off the actual text. I cant read the complete posts. Is this happening to anyone else?

they're a little ridiculous without a blocker, esp mobile.

the ads with audio really used to tick me off

Most people don't have the ad block issue you're mentioning. Change to a different one.

Can't afford a Plat membership or a good ad blocker?

you sound poor.
Well, I cant afford to retire yet, so in that sense I am poor. And if you spend your money on platinum memberships here (and in the champagne room of the strip joint as your AV details), you are likely even more poor than I.

TS don't listen the troll-eys & haters,
just try other browser, maybe it works !

Thank you Tartara!
Opera on Android Phone
works fine for me !

Nothing at all man !
giphy.gif

I never use an add blocker and site works fine for me. might be a regional thing...but I keep getting these banners with Chinese characters on them. I don't live in China and I can't read Chinese....what the hell is with that?

You’re not wrong… I have 2 different ad blockers on my laptop and they still find away through. Not that big a deal to switch browsers though.

My main peeve as of late is how the page constantly refreshes. You’ll type out a paragraph, and poof gone. Sometimes you can refresh manually and it’ll come back. Not always.

You’re not wrong… I have 2 different ad blockers on my laptop and they still find away through. Not that big a deal to switch browsers though.

My main peeve as of late is how the page constantly refreshes. You’ll type out a paragraph, and poof gone. Sometimes you can refresh manually and it’ll come back. Not always.
Just use ublock origin. You can add all sorts of 3rd party rules to block basically anything. I can even read "pay to read" news articles. I haven't seen a single ad on almost every site in years.

The big reason to block ads is ads track the fuck out of you, and frequently lead to malware. As a cyber security professional, the best thing every person can run is an ad blocker.

Back