PC Issues with Connecting PC to a TV

Well I solved the sound issue by limiting my laptop’s output to 60Hz. No idea why 120Hz is a problem given that the TV supports 120Hz (Sony Bravia) and the HDMI cable does too (48 gbps HDMI 2.1) so this isn’t the ideal outcome but c’est la vie I guess.

Well that sucks. Seems to be TV hardware related. Workaround seems to be running a second HDMI cable to your receiver or soundbar for sound to keep 120hz display.

Would suggest updating the TV firmware(recent one was released in August). If that doesnt work contact Sony in hopes they address it in a future firmware update.

Well that sucks. Seems to be TV hardware related. Workaround seems to be running a second HDMI cable to your receiver or soundbar for sound to keep 120hz display.

Would suggest updating the TV firmware(recent one was released in August). If that doesnt work contact Sony in hopes they address it in a future firmware update.

It’s not a problem with the TV, it’s a problem with Nvidia 30 series RTX “ampere” cards. The problem’s been around for years and Nvidia still hasn’t fixed it:

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com...g-when-switching-from-60hz-to-120hz/184631/85

Back