Iss Zma

• Thread starter Towsonwrestling
  • Start date
T

Towsonwrestling

Its a Testosterone-Booster and is real cheap has anyone tried this product before i did a search but nothing came up and what are some other good Testosterone Boosters.

You could inject Steroids or do other manly things, like wrestle a bear or something.

b0b said:
You could inject Steroids or do other manly things, like wrestle a bear or something.

Your acount should be deleted douche bag.............

yeah, good stuff. I like it a lot. Make you own though...it will save mad money.

ZMA is a mineral supplement that contains zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B. Take it before you sleep and you should hit deep sleep sooner.

I've never read anywhere that Zinc or Magnesium stimulate testosterone production.

But ZMA can be a useful supplement. I've recently read that it's probably better to take post-workout, though, than at night, because that's when levels are depleted in the muscles.

Be careful about too much zinc. It can lower your HDL (good cholesterol).

Yeah the things you guys have said i already read about i just want more info from the guys who use it how fast they saw gains and thoes kinds of things.

One more thing while iam taking ZMA can i take other things like NO2 & whey protein ?????

Towsonwrestling said:
One more thing while iam taking ZMA can i take other things like NO2 & whey protein ?????

yes..just check your multi and make sure you are not overdoing it with the zinc

Towsonwrestling said:

ZMA helps with recovery so you won't really get any visual (not sure this is the correct term) results from it. I wasn't as sore anymore after I started taking it so it did help. Its fine taking ZMA with those supplements but you never want to take ZMA with milk or any other source of calcium as it interferes with the absorption of it.

Madmick said:
I've never read anywhere that Zinc or Magnesium stimulate testosterone production.

If you are not getting enough zinc, then supplementing zinc can then raise your test level. This is only if you are deficient in zinc. Because of the first statement, that is why supplement companies that have zinc in their product say it can increase testosterone and muscle mass. With enough zinc, supplementing zinc does NOTHING, therefore it is just a waste of money. Similarly, if you visit Alaska for a week and eat fist 5x a day I doubt you need to bring your EFA and DHA pills. Its dumb to supplement things that you already get in your diet.

Interesting thing on the HDL though, I never read that.

Also, for the newer people to supplements, please read the labels rather than the title of the product. It will help you realize more of what you are getting since a lot of the supplements are similar and just have different brand names. Then you will know your ZMA contains only vitamins, and therefore is ok to take with protein, but you should also check any other vitamin sources to make sure you are not overdoing any single one. It takes more effort, but is worth it.

So i wont see anygains at all from using ZMA?? i just wont be sore?

It will probably give you your standard placebo effect.

Towsonwrestling said:
So i wont see anygains at all from using ZMA?? i just wont be sore?

ZMA is purported to help improve recovery time, thus giving better gains. i found that i felt more rested when taking it before bed. but like RKJDJGK!~(*@)*18439 said, if youre getting enough magnesium, zinc and b-vitamins in your regular diet, you probably dont need it. and dont take NO2.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124

Well, I think the main question here is wether or not strenuous athletetic activity results in lowered zinc, and magnesium levels, even for well nutrioned athletes.

There have been many studies showing zinc to increase both testosterone and insulin-like growth factor I, in deficient subjects. Also, magnesium has been shown to improve muscle function. Which, then some studies shown that athletes will be deficient in both zinc, and magnesium post workout.

So the theory is supplementing zinc-magnesium, will stop levels from dropping off, thus help produce maximum hormone production and strength gains.

Pretty basic theory, but now here comes the hard part. Some studies have shown just that, ZMA helped football players improve strength gains and test levels, but some question the results because the study was sponsered by the makers and trademark owners of ZMA, Victor Conte of Balco laboratories, who obvioulsy doesnt have the greatest reputation anymore.

Further studies have shown no such gains, in regular males. Such as this one.

(Warning .pdf document for you 56kers)

Effects of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA) Supplementation on Training Adaptations and Markers of Anabolism and Catabolism

But as you can see one study was done on football players(Actual athletes) during spring training I believe, while one was done on what they call resistance trained males.

The original theory was supplementation for athletes not regular males, because one reason such deficiencies arise in athletes in the first place is the loss from sweat. Also, increased muslce funtion has been shown to increase blood circulation of these two nutrients which then leads to increased urinated excretion.

So, I tend to give more credence to the study done on the football players, As I would say that more represents my training. Not just strength training.

In addition, there is also the sleep issue. Zinc has been shown to improve sleep efficiency. In which, also supports higher hormone production.

I tend to believe the Div-I football players were well nutrioned, and that the study seem to back up the theory. So I gave ZMA a try, and my personal experiences included better sleep and signs of increased testosterone production, or less underproduction however you want to look at it. I noticed increased acne, a common side effect of ZMA, from what I have read, and an increased libido.

I tend to think ZMA can deliver on its theory, I already mentioned in another thread that the marketing is just that, bullshit. But, IMHO it's a supplement that actually works, for the intended user.

BTW, the other study is

EFFECTS OF ZINC-MAGNESIUM (ZMA) SUPPLEMENTATION ON MUSCLE ATTRIBUTES OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS.
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 31(5) Supplement:S123, May 1999.
Brilla, L. R.; Conte, V.

I think the results were 10% strength gains, 30% greater free testoerone than the control group. But, I havent read it in awhile those might be off a little.

rEmY said:
ZMA is purported to help improve recovery time, thus giving better gains. i found that i felt more rested when taking it before bed. but like RKJDJGK!~(*@)*18439 said, if youre getting enough magnesium, zinc and b-vitamins in your regular diet, you probably dont need it. and dont take NO2.

wow, i just bought some of that junk :icon_sad:

RoccCity said:
wow, i just bought some of that junk :icon_sad:

yeah, i bought some too. one of my training partners recommended it to me highly, and i was dumb enough to buy it just on that. shits not cheap either. c'est la vie.

rEmY said:

That is merely one article in the war that is NO2 debate.

Though well written, there actually is plenty of evidence supporting NO2 supplementation.

But it is very wise to be skeptical.

Alright everyone thanks for all the post i learned more than i wanted too which is allways good in the supplement world.

Boondocksaint said:
That is merely one article in the war that is NO2 debate.

Though well written, there actually is plenty of evidence supporting NO2 supplementation.

But it is very wise to be skeptical.

Yeah, I'd have more confidence in that article if it didn't platform to hype a PW drink formula and attribute a bunch of effects to leucine that aren't proven.

Back