News Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker 2 now targeted for UFC 271, Feb. 12th

Who wins the rematch

• Total voters
Rob got stopped in the first fight, sure. But he also fought Izzy in a way that no one has fought Izzy in the UFC which I have no doubt he learned from.

Sharpening up his boxing defence, using offensive wrestling and an overall good gameplan, Rob has the tools to get it done. Can he do it on fight night? Let's see, but that why we watch the sport, right?

My most hyped upcoming fight, I expect Whittaker to bring a proper gameplan this time and it will be very close.

lol why do people keep talking about whittaker
“ mixing it up “ with wrestling, the guy isnt a strong wrestler, hes a strong defensive wrestler. he isnt going to be able to wrestle izzy just cause jan did.

he just needs to not fight like an absolute psycho like he did last time, im a huge whittaker fan and hes proven hes levels above everyone else in the division but izzy is just such a bad style matchup so idk if he can get it done.

It's definitely the fight to make, I just don't see Whittaker having anything for him stylistically though. Not a slick enough kickboxer, not a physical enough grappler.

COME ON BOBBY!
king-of-the-hill-bobby-hill.gif

Bobby is an exceptional fighter. He's earned his way back to that title shot. He's ducked no one and fought everyone they've given him, even on short notice. He's also a top notch person, and someone that's easy to root for.

All that said, he's going to have fight the best fight of his life to beat Izzy here. He's going to have to try to wrestle. Not throw his ridiculous overhands that leave him open to counters. He'll need to tie Izzy up. He'll have to be less aggressive. I don't know if it'll be enough. Everyone is seemingly down on Izzy after his loss to Jan, but at 185 he's beaten everyone. His TDD is proven there. He is content to pick you apart slowly or counter you. Bobby is good enough to win, I just don't think he will.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Problem for Bobby is that even if he pulls a rabbit out of his ass, he'll have to beat Izzy a second time as well.

He needs to find a way to make Izzy come forward. This is something that I noticed he kept doing a lot in the Jan fight. When Izzy's utilizing lateral movement up against the cage and throwing check hooks, he's pretty fucking impossible to hit, and hard af to take down too.

I don't see how the outcome is any different.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Heart says Whittaker, brain says Adesanya

Whittaker can win this fight if he fights the way he's been doing in his last fights. I think this will be a close one.

This is a great fight.

I favor Izzy but Whittaker is better than the way he fought in the first one.

Hell yeah.

A rematch I actually wanna see.

Rooting for Robbie, but it's going to be a tough hill to climb. He better fight smart this go around. Izzy is going to try to fuck with him with smack.

I heavily favored Izzy to destroy Bobby in the first fight and he did. But his performances after Costa have been quite uninspiring. Like he doesn't leave it all in there and just does the minimal effort. I wouldn't be shocked now if Whittaker drags him deep and just beats him.

I guess I'll still take Izzy tho.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back