Israel Adesanya Vs Jan Blachowicz! who wins?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Jan is a good striker for MMA. Israel is a good striker for kickboxing AND MMA.

Izzy by point fight UD.
I agree. Izzy will avoid big risks and rack up points over 5 rounds by sticking-and-moving.

Gynosanya has a good chance of beating jan i hope jan will take some punishment to get within range and KO him in the 2nd .

Izzy opened as favorite

Adesanya -250
Blachowicz +210

<LikeReally5>

The most damning evidence against Jan’s chances is this:

This will be the FOURTH opponent of Jan in the past two years to have moved up from middleweight (for three it was their very first fight at 205, which has to be a record.). He won one by TKO, lost one by TKO, and won one split decision. Those three were all moving up due to losses at 185 as well. So it’s not like this guy is a bulldozer who runs over bloated middleweights for fun.

You also have to factor in that Jan is effectively an interim champ during what is a bit of a reloading time for the LHW division. He’s never beaten a champion.

There is always an open question when someone moves up in weight until we see them compete. I remind everyone of Max Holloway moving up to face DP. Many people thought that Max would continue to be an amazing combination puncher who would retain his quickness at 155 and add more power. But he didn’t bulk up effectively, his edge in speed wasn’t significant, and he did not absorb the power shots well.

I would expect Israel’s jump to look more like Anderson’s than Max’s, but we won’t know until we see it. And assuming he’s able to handle the physical difference, he should be okay. Jan has deceptively quick and tight punches, but he’s at his best as a counter puncher. If Jan is too patient I would expect Israel to circle, rip leg kicks, and do what he did to Costa and/or Romero.

I think Jan’s chances boil down to (1) the usual puncher’s chance due to his very good power and the possibility that he stings Izzy with every blow he lands, and (2) the possibility that he’s strong enough to force the fight to the cage or the ground and can dominate there.

Looking forward to the fight but think it’s reasonable that people are favoring Israel
I agree with almost everything you said, the only thing is that although we don’t know how he is at a higher weight class in MMA we do know how he fared in Kickboxing at an extremely high level. He performed quite well and his speed and power translated perfectly against bigger and stronger competition. He will separate Jan from his senses. With that said Jones will still starch him when they fight after he snatches the belt from Jan (assuming the story plays out the way the powers that be have set the board).

Izzy has underrated power. And he's currently the best striker in the UFC. Peaking.

Jan needs to be his aggressive self in this. No strike for strike from distance. No chance that way. Got to land a bomb. That is his best chance standing up. And use those hard kicks again.

But with his size and strength takedowns should be part of his gameplan. Izzy gets tested rarely in wrestling. That makes a striker tired. So there are ways for Jan to win.

Just stand-up he only has a puncher's chance. Izzy will land more, bust up his legs and body, then go upstairs. Can't stand with him at range.

Jan by brutal ko in round 3. Izzy will look good until then.

I agree with almost everything you said, the only thing is that although we don’t know how he is at a higher weight class in MMA we do know how he fared in Kickboxing at an extremely high level. He performed quite well and his speed and power translated perfectly against bigger and stronger competition. He will separate Jan from his senses. With that said Jones will still starch him when they fight after he snatches the belt from Jan (assuming the story plays out the way the powers that be have set the board).

You think Izzy is definitely doomed against Jones? Jones probably needs a takedown, do you agree? If he gets it, he should smash. But I think there’s a chance that Izzy cracks him coming in (admittedly Jones has an excellent chin).

What makes Rockhold a better champ than Jan / Bisping / Forrest

What makes Rockhold better than Bisping and Jan at least is, in my view, that he established himself as the number one contender and then blasted out a reigning champion who was undefeated and had won all four title fights leading up to that fight.

Jan did not even defeat a LHW champion to earn the belt. He beat Reyes, who arguably lost to Oezdemir, and whose only real claim to fame is doing much better than expected against Jones. He also lost to Thiago Santos recently. Great, great late career resurgence that should be celebrated. But he’s never proven himself to be the best LHW on the planet.

Bisping is a little different. He beat the undisputed champion at the time for the belt. However, he never established himself as the number one contender, let alone the best middleweight. He stepped in to the title fight on a couple weeks notice because Weidman got injured and the other top middleweights were unavailable. He won fair and square against a guy who embarrassed him a few fights back and almost certainly took him lightly, then arguably lost to a very past-it Henderson, got stopped by a old, blown up GSP, and then got sparked by Kelvin. Just like Jan, Michael deserves great credit for persevering and getting to the title. But it’s quite possible that he was barely a top ten middleweight when he held the belt. Even if we ignore Rockhold: Weidman, Whittaker, Romero, Mousasi and Jacare would have been significant favorites against him, and guys like Machida, Brunson, Vitor, Hall and Gastelum are probably favored too. To put it in context, the guys ranked 11-13 when he was champ were Leites, Henderson and Kennedy — two guys he was in razor close decisions with and one guy who dominated him.

Forrest performed great against a legit champ in Rampage. It was kind of out of nowhere, and he was otherwise a back end ranked light heavyweight. Tough to evaluate. Earned the shot and the win, but IF he was ever the best LHW in the world it was for about a month.

I think Izzy will look to outpoint him and He has a great chance for it. Jan is propably one of the easier fights for Izzy at LHW.
That said, hope Jan blasts him into Bolivia.

Edit:
Jan also is propably the best pure boxer at LHW. A Lot of people sleep on that. Izzy will prepare for it tho. He is an annoying moron, but no idiot sadly.

Last edited:
Jan is 27-8 with no wrestling. This is GSP vs Bisping all over again. This is all Reyes' fault. He beat Jones but didn't. Made Jones run away then got KO'd by Jan. LOL

What makes Rockhold better than Bisping and Jan at least is, in my view, that he established himself as the number one contender and then blasted out a reigning champion who was undefeated and had won all four title fights leading up to that fight.

Jan did not even defeat a LHW champion to earn the belt. He beat Reyes, who arguably lost to Oezdemir, and whose only real claim to fame is doing much better than expected against Jones. He also lost to Thiago Santos recently. Great, great late career resurgence that should be celebrated. But he’s never proven himself to be the best LHW on the planet.

Bisping is a little different. He beat the undisputed champion at the time for the belt. However, he never established himself as the number one contender, let alone the best middleweight. He stepped in to the title fight on a couple weeks notice because Weidman got injured and the other top middleweights were unavailable. He won fair and square against a guy who embarrassed him a few fights back and almost certainly took him lightly, then arguably lost to a very past-it Henderson, got stopped by a old, blown up GSP, and then got sparked by Kelvin. Just like Jan, Michael deserves great credit for persevering and getting to the title. But it’s quite possible that he was barely a top ten middleweight when he held the belt. Even if we ignore Rockhold: Weidman, Whittaker, Romero, Mousasi and Jacare would have been significant favorites against him, and guys like Machida, Brunson, Vitor, Hall and Gastelum are probably favored too. To put it in context, the guys ranked 11-13 when he was champ were Leites, Henderson and Kennedy — two guys he was in razor close decisions with and one guy who dominated him.

Forrest performed great against a legit champ in Rampage. It was kind of out of nowhere, and he was otherwise a back end ranked light heavyweight. Tough to evaluate. Earned the shot and the win, but IF he was ever the best LHW in the world it was for about a month.
That makes sense

Jan needs to take it to the ground and bjj the fuck out of him

Izzy looked like the greatest thing on two legs that ever touched the UFC and this sport entirely in his last performance. If Izzy's team wants Jan, there's a reason. Izzy separates from consciousness in another powerful statement about the glass ceiling of his talent.

Polish Costa is getting fucked up badly. Izzy will style on him, make him look very, very average and finish him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Bank on it.

You think Izzy is definitely doomed against Jones? Jones probably needs a takedown, do you agree? If he gets it, he should smash. But I think there’s a chance that Izzy cracks him coming in (admittedly Jones has an excellent chin).
I do agree Jones needs to implement his incredible clinch/wrestling game to win, which I think he will be able to do. Also Jones is savvy enough on the feet to not get hurt by Izzy and even if Izzy lands Jones has a world class chin. Jones wins by experience and fight IQ.

After Izzy wins, hopefully Jones comes back for the belt. Probably the only fight at LHW that interests me

jan is way too slow and readable for izzy. but you never know.

Back