Media Israel Adesanya Interview with Helwani. Talks Costa, Cannonier, etc. w/Cliffs and Quotes

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In this interview they talk about the training camp, Israel's hairstyles, Rivalry w/Costa, Jared Cannonier, and UFC 98 Evans vs. Machida. I took the time to give you cliffs and quotes because I love y'all bitches and I'm high off a 5 Hour Energy shot. This is my first time really doing cliffs so hopefully it's up to par. I even spell checked this time. That's something I have a bad habit of not doing because I'm always multitasking and trying to post fast. Stupid phone autocorrect always fucks me up. Anyway...

• In the opening they discuss the training camp. Israel and the City Boys lived at the gym for 2 weeks to prepare for the event. For Israel it was nostalgic and he believes very effective for the team.
  • 3:30 Israel tells Helwani that the cage size was of no concern for him. "It boggles me how that's actually a factor in people's minds."
  • 4:15 Helwani reveals that the Government in Abu Dhabi wanted Israel Adesanya.
  • 5:00 They briefly discuss Israel's hair color (who cares?) Israel said he will reveal symbolism after the fight.
  • 6:05 They discuss the sports center interview with Adesanya and Costa. And Paulo possibly juicing. Israel says it isn't a concern. "It will just add to my legacy"
  • 8:05 Helwani compliments Israel's hairstyle. They discuss the symbolism of Adesanya taking it back to his younger days and how he will bring back new(old) techniques for the fight. "Ya'll must've forgot." "I'm gonna bring back some throwback moves for this fight."
  • 9:30 Helwani asks whether Israel is getting tired of doing media especially after the criticism post Yoel fight.
  • 11:20 Is it personal between Adesanya and Costa?
  • 14:45 Helwani asks about social injustice. Israel says he's trying to make change as an individual and to "respond rather than react." He says he doesn't regret what he said when he spoke out but at the same time he's paying more attention to who is behind these narratives and organizations like BLM etc.
  • 17:30 Helwani asks if Israel got a new cat. Israel says no. He's just enjoying his girl's cat for now.
  • 18:10 They discuss Cannonier vs. Whittaker and Cannonier as a potential new challenger. Israel says he's supporting Jared to make a statement against Rob and that Jared will be next if that happens. He talks about how Jared has been very supportive and encouraging of him throughout each of Adesanya's fights. "That'll be some Black Panther vs. Killmonger type shit." He talks about how Jared is just a "real" and genuine nice guy. "Real recognize real and he's a soul brother. But yeah, brothers fight. And sometimes little bro gotta take big bro out." I liked that quote.
  • Finally they discuss the last official time 2 undefeated men fought for a title. Israel reveals that he was a Rashad fan and was upset with Machida for winning. And then he became even more of a "Machida Hater" when Lyoto was awarded the decision over Shogun at UFC 104. But he says ultimately he's still a Machida fan and that he(Machida) is a nice and respectful guy.

In this interview they talk about the training camp, Israel's hairstyles, Rivalry w/Costa, Jared Cannonier, and UFC 98 Evans vs. Machida. I took the time to give you cliffs and quotes because I love y'all bitches and I'm high off a 5 Hour Energy shot. This is my first time really doing cliffs so hopefully it's up to par. I even spell checked this time. That's something I have a bad habit of not doing because I'm always multitasking and trying to post fast. Stupid phone autocorrect always fucks me up. Anyway...

• In the opening they discuss the training camp. Israel and the City Boys lived at the gym for 2 weeks to prepare for the event. For Israel it was nostalgic and he believes very effective for the team.
  • 3:30 Israel tells Helwani that the cage size was of no concern for him. "It boggles me how that's actually a factor in people's minds."
  • 4:15 Helwani reveals that the Government in Abu Dhabi wanted Israel Adesanya.
  • 5:00 They briefly discuss Israel's hair color (who cares?) Israel said he will reveal symbolism after the fight.
  • 6:05 They discuss the sports center interview with Adesanya and Costa. And Paulo possibly juicing. Israel says it isn't a concern. "It will just add to my legacy"
  • 8:05 Helwani compliments Israel's hairstyle. They discuss the symbolism of Adesanya taking it back to his younger days and how he will bring back new(old) techniques for the fight. "Ya'll must've forgot." "I'm gonna bring back some throwback moves for this fight."
  • 9:30 Helwani asks whether Israel is getting tired of doing media especially after the criticism post Yoel fight.
  • 11:20 Is it personal between Adesanya and Costa?
  • 14:45 Helwani asks about social injustice. Israel says he's trying to make change as an individual and to "respond rather than react." He says he doesn't regret what he said when he spoke out but at the same time he's paying more attention to who is behind these narratives and organizations like BLM etc.
  • 17:30 Helwani asks if Israel got a new cat. Israel says no. He's just enjoying his girl's cat for now.
  • 18:10 They discuss Cannonier vs. Whittaker and Cannonier as a potential new challenger. Israel says he's supporting Jared to make a statement against Rob and that Jared will be next if that happens. He talks about how Jared has been very supportive and encouraging of him throughout each of Adesanya's fights. "That'll be some Black Panther vs. Killmonger type shit." He talks about how Jared is just a "real" and genuine nice guy. "Real recognize real and he's a soul brother. But yeah, brothers fight. And sometimes little bro gotta take big bro out." I liked that quote.
  • Finally they discuss the last official time 2 undefeated men fought for a title. Israel reveals that he was a Rashad fan and was upset with Machida for winning. And then he became even more of a "Machida Hater" when Lyoto was awarded the decision over Shogun at UFC 104. But he says ultimately he's still a Machida fan and that he(Machida) is a nice and respectful guy.

Nice cliffs bro. I love when people take the time to transcribe the cliffs of an interview, makes everything so much easier.

what did he say about the Floyd situation? Also, he says "his girl got a new cat". Sherbros, sorry, the man is taken

what did he say about the Floyd situation? Also, he says "his girl got a new cat". Sherbros, sorry, the man is taken
Basically that he and everyone else were rightfully outraged about the killing of George Floyd and he doesn't regret speaking out against it. He did not watch the recent shooting with Jacob Bland, I believe his name is. He says he doesn't want to react. He wants to respond. He believes now is not the time to spread awareness because people are already aware but now is the time to take action.

And he's trying to do his part as an individual.

Watched a few mins from 9:00 onwards

he seems more like-able than a lot of times

but still I can’t get over his BS talk pre and post Romero fight so

<3>

And WAR COSTA

He died his hair pink because his side gig is being a clown at kids parties. His anime references are a hit.

Also make a statement to rob? This dudes got a chip on his shoulder for one of the nice Guys in mma...

He died his hair pink because his side gig is being a clown at kids parties. His anime references are a hit.

Also make a statement to rob? This dudes got a chip on his shoulder for one of the nice Guys in mma...
I don't believe it has anything to do with Rob but more that he's rooting for Cannonier as a fresh matchup and a guy whose energy vibes with his. It's not hard to root for a dark horse like Jared IMO. Especially when Jared has shown nothing but positive support and respect for Israel.

With that said, Rob has made it no secret that he doesn't particularly like Adesanya and that Israel gets under his skin. Israel says their energies just don't mix and that is ok. Same with Costa.

The Whittaker vs. Cannonier winner definitely deserves the next titleshot. That's no doubt. Both guys are equally dangerous IMO.

I don't believe it has anything to do with Rob but more that he's rooting for Cannonier as a fresh matchup and a guy whose energy vibes with his. It's not hard to root for a dark horse like Jared IMO. Especially when Jared has shown nothing but positive support and respect for Israel.

With that said, Rob has made it no secret that he doesn't particularly like Adesanya and that Israel gets under his skin. Israel says their energies just don't mix and that is ok. Same with Costa.

The Whittaker vs. Cannonier winner definitely deserves the next titleshot. That's no doubt. Both guys are equally dangerous IMO.

lol nah let's be real, he's rooting for Cannonier cuz he's black. Same reason he rooted for Evans, loves Anderson Silva, etc.

too long and too much information about skinnyclown - didn't read it but I am giving you a "like" for your efforts.

I hate this cucks without a proper cliff game.

lol nah let's be real, he's rooting for Cannonier cuz he's black. Same reason he rooted for Evans, loves Anderson Silva, etc.
Not sure if you're serious but there's evidence that easily refutes this claim. For one Derek Brunson is black and Israel has ridiculed him since his UFC debut. Darren Till is white and Adesanya has supported him and acknowledged his talent since he came into the UFC as well. I could give plenty more examples.

Obviously most people are more easily drawn to someone who looks like them or come from a similar background but it takes more than that to retain fans. You act as if Anderson Silva and Rashad Evans aren't two of the most popular fighters amongst all races.
Great minds think alike

<Fedor23>
Lmao

Back