Israel Adesanya: I can beat Robert Whittaker "wherever I want"

{<jordan}

I think Israel knows that Whittaker is his best match-up for the top-5 which is why he's trying so hard to bypass the other fighters in the top-5 for a title shot.

Make this kid earn it, there just happens to be a spot on that main event for the first ESPN+1 card vs none other than Yoel Romero. Israel is blabbering non-stop that he's the best MW, time to go fucking prove it kid. Beating Brunson does not qualify anyone for a title shot.

Unbeaten in four UFC appearances, the 29-year-old hinted that a fifth straight win would catapult him into a title fight against whoever holds the belt after UFC 234 — set to be headlined by Whittaker and American Kelvin Gastelum in Melbourne.

And if Australia’s No.1 fighter successfully defends for a second time?

“Then I beat him wherever I want,” Adesanya shrugged. “If I’m being frank, Rob is lacking defensively and that’s where I’ll take him. And I can do that any way I want.

“I know he’s a fighter who wants to go out there and bust people up, but I’m not a guy you mess with. And once I’m champion, there will be a lot more eyes on this division. I’m the guy making s… happen.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...rael-adesanya-robert-whittaker-champion-fight
---------------------------------------
Wouldn't mind seeing that fight. Would rather see Adesanya vs. Borrachinha for the title too as apposed to right now.
Interesting fight. Most humble vs most arrogant. I’d be rooting for Whittaker

Whittaker beat the scariest dude in the division twice.

Adesanya has lots of potential, but he's got to beat a contender or two first.

People need to slow the fuck down on this dude. Dana white always says someone is the future and look how it turns out for them lol (Till for example, amazing fighter, but he got rushed to soon) Brunson is a good win but he always gets KOd. I want to see him fight a top 5 guy

One KO loss in 80+ fights i wanna see a MMA fighter do that ;)
75 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw is a very good kickboxing record and everyone in his division should be afraid.

No one needs to be afraid of this guy, he’s not Romero...
He’s a flashy fighter with a big mouth. I think it’s hilarious this guy got KO’d stiff last March and thinks he can beat Whittaker, the current UFC MW champ because he beat Derek Brunson.

<36>

Okay? Kinda funny reaction

See above for explanation

What are you basing this from? There is literally no evidence 5o support what you just said .
Is there any evidence to support the notion that Israel beats the Reaper? Remember his signature win is against Derek Brunson and he's struggled in earlier fights. He has to beat someone legit not Brunson who is effectively a MW gatekeeper before you can really say he's one of the best in the world.

He'll fight them if they earn a titleshot for HIS belt after he lifts in from Whittaker. It makes absolutely no sense for him to fight them before hand. Much more money and attention when the belt us on the line.
Surely beating Brunson doesn't mean you're worthy of a title shot? Whittaker didn't get a shot after starching him neither did Jacare. Jacare has to be in front of him for the next shot. Even the most biased dick rider has to admit beating Weidman is more impressive than stopping Brunson. Hell at the very least they should fight to see who gets the winner of Gastelum and the Reaper. Israel hasn't earned a shot next. And from what information is coming out of Israel's meeting with Dana it sounds like even he realizes he needs one more high ranked fight prior to being in contention for a ts.

? I honestly have no idea what you’re freaking out over. I didn’t even mention Israel in my post and I’m a fan of Whittaker. I was literally just reminiscing about a fight I saw
Who is freaking out mate? I'm simply stating the Reaper's vastly improved since then based on his subsequent performances, and that everyone's capable of having a slightly off night.

Hey stupid

Bisping was the undisputed champ when gsp beat him making gsp the undisputed, are you really that daft?
I really dont know how theres even a debate here. You and the 2 fools who liked your comment should be banned.

GSP was never the Undisputed MW champ as Bisping wasnt the Undisputed Champ when he fought GSP. FFS theres some toxic trolls here

I think Israel knows that Whittaker is his best match-up for the top-5 which is why he's trying so hard to bypass the other fighters in the top-5 for a title shot.

Make this kid earn it, there just happens to be a spot on that main event for the first ESPN+1 card vs none other than Yoel Romero. Israel is blabbering non-stop that he's the best MW, time to go fucking prove it kid. Beating Brunson does not qualify anyone for a title shot.
yoel lost to whittaker twice

matching him with israel makes zero sense

I am trying to figure this thread out. Connor Mcgregor is least humble fighter there is and because of this, he became the most successful fighter the UFC has ever produced. On the flip side, we watched Isreal fight 4 fights in a year and improve on every single fight, and because he believes in himself people want him to lose? Why Does Connor get a pass?

Who is freaking out mate? I'm simply stating the Reaper's vastly improved since then based on his subsequent performances, and that everyone's capable of having a slightly off night.

You did because all I said was that I was surprised with how much he struggled with Natal, really no more meaning than that, just surprised, and you responded like I was insulting Whittaker or that I wasn’t aware of who he’s beaten.

You could be proven right but people said Romero and Jacare were both bad match ups for the Reaper, Jacare was supposedly going to submit him and Romero was supposed to beat him easily. Only way I'd be willing to bet the house on a guy whose signature win is against Derek Brunson was if it was made of cardboard, well that or I had more money than sense.

Only idiots thought that Jacare would beat Whitaker. Whitaker has amazing TDD so he is the kryptonite of typical wrestle boxers like Jacare and Romero.

How did Whittaker do last time he faced a high level kickboxer? Styles make fights.

Why? Beating a top-5 opponent should be required to get a title shot.
But it is not required. That's ridiculous in fact. If it makes dollars, it makes sense. Jones didn't have to do it. Anderson Silva didn't have to do it. Whittaker vs Adesanya for the ufc middleweight title is an EXTREMELY marketable fight right now. More marketable than any other middleweight title fight. FACTZZZ

Surely beating Brunson doesn't mean you're worthy of a title shot? Whittaker didn't get a shot after starching him neither did Jacare. Jacare has to be in front of him for the next shot. Even the most biased dick rider has to admit beating Weidman is more impressive than stopping Brunson. Hell at the very least they should fight to see who gets the winner of Gastelum and the Reaper. Israel hasn't earned a shot next. And from what information is coming out of Israel's meeting with Dana it sounds like even he realizes he needs one more high ranked fight prior to being in contention for a ts.
See my post above. Israel has already earned his shot. If they choose to make him fight one more bout in the cage it will be just to showcase and keep him busy. Title shots are earned inside AND outside of the octagon and Israel is selling himself well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back