Israel Adesanya (19-0) vs. Paulo Costa (13-0)

Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Precision vs. Power

Israel Adesanya has said he wants to defend his UFC middleweight title against “swimsuit model” Paulo Costa next so he can shut up the “dumb” casual fans.

Undefeated Brazilian Costa (13-0) looks to be next in line for “Stylebender”, who knocked out Robert Whittaker in the second round at UFC 243 to become the undisputed champion.

No 1-ranked Costa was sitting ringside and Adesanya gave him a WWE-style crotch chop from the Octagon after the fight.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-...740/ufc-243-israel-adesanya-likes-paulo-costa

Israel Adesanya Gave Paulo Costa the Fingers After UFC 243 Win

2CRj37D99O02qQi.jpg

New UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya explained why he gave the middle finger to Paulo Costa following his main event win at UFC 243. “The Last Stylebender” jumped on top of the Octagon cage after he knocked out Robert Whittaker in the second round of their title fight. He looked right at Costa, who was sitting in the front row, and stuck both his middle fingers up at “Borrachinha.”

“He’s a b*tch! And he’s my b*tch and I’m going to make him my b*tch!”

Immediately after defeating Whittaker, Adesanya took the microphone from UFC announcer Jon Anik and said he wanted to fight Costa next in a battle of unbeaten middleweight stars.
. . .

An Adesanysa vs. Costa fight is going to be a big one for the UFC, and these two have wasted no time ramping up the trash talk game in anticipation of them fighting each other. Expect the fight to headline a PPV in early 2020.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...aulo-costa-the-fingers-following-ufc-243-win/

Last edited:
Costa will be another Victim of the Stylebender.

Deal with it Sherdog

If only Paulo sets up a good gameplan and doesn't fight like a moron he'll get it.

Israel has already stated that he sees holes in Costa's striking. There's levels to this shit. Costa's getting starched.

If Costa can go to the body with big kicks repeatedly and with his boxing he can beat him. I gotta favor izzy though.

I've seen nothing in any of Costa's fights to suggest he'd have beaten Whittaker or Adesanya.
Beating a 42 year old Yoel when they were both gassed to fuck after 2 rounds and Uriah Hall.... that's it. Oh and he gave Hendricks his 7th loss in 10 fights from GSP.

Izzy is more skilled and craftier on the feet than Costa but Costa is build like a tank and i think his natural athleticism and power will be too much for Izzy. Costa just has that natural ability to put anyones lights out with one shot.

Going to have a very similar issue to Rob.

Reach going to be telling, can’t just walk his opponent down, may also struggle with the pace of Israel.

Somehow has to pressure him though close the distance and land bombs.

Izzy is more skilled and craftier on the feet than Costa but Costa is build like a tank and i think his natural athleticism and power will be too much for Izzy. Costa just has that natural ability to put anyones lights out with one shot.

its totally natural, and not in any way enhanced at all

It is all fun and samba until you get hit by a counter coming from some bizarre angle that you never thought existed.

I've seen nothing in any of Costa's fights to suggest he'd have beaten Whittaker or Adesanya.
Beating a 42 year old Yoel when they were both gassed to fuck after 2 rounds and Uriah Hall.... that's it. Oh and he gave Hendricks his 7th loss in 10 fights from GSP.
He didn’t beat Romero imo

Israel has already stated that he sees holes in Costa's striking. There's levels to this shit. Costa's getting starched.
There is levels to this shit gotta be most hollow phrase in MMA history.

There are levels, Isreal is the best striker in the UFC. He'll gas Costa out early and move, and finish late.

Costas boxing is a lot better than people give him credit for. The guy aint no mindless brawler. Not a lot of fighters in the UFC rip the body like him.

Izzy is a terrible style match-up for Roid-Boi.
He had Robert Whitaker swinging at air all night and Bobby's a better striker than Paulo Costa.

Back