Isn't it crazy that the biggest fight in UFC history will be between 2 non Americans ?

Lol you guys should date.

We all want the fight to happen. But not to get it over with,but to see it. It is a big deal. People have been talking about this for 3 years.

3 LONG ass years. The way shit was going with the injuries, weight cuts and throwing dollies at shit. I just was kinda over it.

America makes a fedreation & the rest of the world just takes over.

Not all that crazy. The UFC started out as fighters and fight forms from all over the world. Look at all of the fighters from Brazil that have headlined cards and other great fighters from other cards. Things have aligned themselves for this to happen for these guys in a huge fight.

I don't give a shit.I just want this fight to be done with.Hopefully Conor gets his ass kicked and leaves MMA for good.

America makes up under 5% of the global population fella.

Well 30% of white Americans think they are Irish (because their grandfather's neighbour's mother was 1/32 irish on her milkman's side) so there is that.

Pride fc and k1 were always international affairs. Its no surprise once ufc aquired the best fighters,the same would hapoen there.

Also I actually don’t know why this is surprising. America is probably more willing to embrace fighters from other countries than anyone else is. There has been a lot of stars from other countries in the ufc
Japan was more, they initiated the Russian sambo era (UFC only booked Oleg coz he was already there in the US trying to become an actor in Hollywood)...
Russian samboists & Brazilian BJJs basically 1st collided in Rings.

If you made up a Mt Rushmore of MMA greats, the only American that could possibly be on there would be Jones, and USADA would probably force his face to be taken down.

Would like to point out though that Conor and Khabib both speak English. I doubt this fight would be as big if that were not the case. They may not be from the US, but they know whose paying for that PPV, and it ain't a bunch of Dagestanis.

About half of the top MMA fighters are American, these two are not. Es normal mang.

If you made up a Mt Rushmore of MMA greats, the only American that could possibly be on there would be Jones, and USADA would probably force his face to be taken down.

Would like to point out though that Conor and Khabib both speak English. I doubt this fight would be as big if that were not the case. They may not be from the US, but they know whose paying for that PPV, and it ain't a bunch of Dagestanis.
nah, Hendo in this Mount.

It's not really thanks to Khabib.

Nate Vs Conor is the next biggest fight and Nates American.

Whoever Conor fights American, Canadian, Brazilian it's going to be the biggest fight.

Wrong.

Khabib is the reason this will be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Conor vs anyone else not named Gsp would not have been this big.

This fight being the biggest in UFC history is very debatable.

Not really. When did America ever have a monopoly on fighting?

Not really a monopoly, but America did dominate the Boxing scene pretty hard for some fat portions of the 20th century. Closest we've gotten, but for the most part the fighting scene is a mixed bag.

Back