• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Islamic State Thread v8: 72 Virgins For Sherdog Martyr

In the article it mentions there were 2000 bombing sorties in 40 days in both October and November and only just over 500 ISIS killed; that's a pretty poor kill ratio. At this rate i doubt ISIS is really feeling the loss.

Dude, you're such a keyboard warrior.

lol

In the article it mentions there were 2000 bombing sorties in 40 days in both October and November and only just over 500 ISIS killed; that's a pretty poor kill ratio. At this rate i doubt ISIS is really feeling the loss.

The mission isn't to kill as many ISIS members as possible it's to degrade their capability to conquer and govern. Going by the latest months development the mission has been a success.

Interesting, never knew wars were decided by the number of casualties.

If they introduced carpet bombing they could inflict huge casualties. Afew heavy attacks on Kobane and Raqqa would push ISIS to the brink .

Carpet bombing is hugely hugely overrated for its effectiveness and its collateral damage is crazy terrible.

It is kind of incredible how ineffective it was in 20th century wars. People overcondemn the a-bombs and under-condemn carpet bombing, which was far more destructive and less effective.

Interesting, never knew wars were decided by the number of casualties.
Indeed, perhaps we should rewrite history that Soviet was defeated because they lost more lives than the Axis in the Eastern front.

from reading in this thread, its look like Isis has losses their momentum and getting push back.

am i wrong ?

i was watching a video were peshmerga reclaimed alot of kurds villages but they didnt want to advance as the next village was arab.so maybe the just want the land they consider kurdistan.

"It's only a flesh wound!"
monty_python_an_the_holy_grail_the_black_knight.png

i was watching a video were peshmerga reclaimed alot of kurds villages but they didnt want to advance as the next village was arab.so maybe the just want the land they consider kurdistan.

The Sunni Arab areas are a poison pill. Nobody wants them ... oil is the only reason anybody would, and they don't have enough oil to make it worth the while.

This is the fundamental problem. All the refuse of Salafism is accumulating in the drain that is Western Iraq and Eastern Syria. Who is foolish enough to try to take it?

I see some German journo has released a piece on ISIS after spending time with them. The piece has got all the hallmarks of someone writing with a gun at their head ,being told what to write. lol

I don't know about that. I think what you may see is a simmering insurgency in their stronghold areas, with the Kurds and Assad establishing strong and deep front lines against them. Jihadistan will simmer long in the area, albeit much more weakly, akin to Taliban rule in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Kurds and Assad don't even want the shitty land that ISIS holds now, and so you have to presume the Iraqi army or the alleged Sunni 'tribes' will reconquer it and exert military governance over it. Highly unlikely, IMO. Unless you literally cleansed that entire area of its entire populace, it's going to be ruled by radical Sunnis, point blank. Just like the Taliban areas of Afghanistan/Pakistan.

I have spent the last ten years trying to help out, and rebuild these places. I gave up last year. What can we do? These people can't live peacefully amongst each other.

Okay since i have been nominated to succeed Liquidfire; I shall commence my duties and fulfill my predecessor's wish in conveying the message of the Islamic State to the Western Infidels.

Here goes:

An Islamic trial for a man accused of sorcery. The crime: Using black magic to harness evil powers against innocent Muslims. The punishment: DEATH.
Damn it. Our efforts to defeat ISIS via sorcery appear to be for naught. We'll have to try something else.

Back