Rewatch Islam vs Volk 1

motivman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just rewatched this fight... Are people saying volk won this fight because he survived and dropped Islam in the 5th round? Islam easily won rounds 1-4. Islam literally beat volk EVERYWHERE.. In striking and of course in Grappling. Islam was actually even wining the 5th round till he got tired and dropped. Islam tagged volk with knees in the beginning of round 5 and cut volk. IMHO, Volk won ONLY the last 2 minutes of the fight... Derek Cleary got this one right. THE END

islam ended up on his back eating heavy shots at the end of round 5 from a guy who fights at 145.

true or false?

Islam 1, 2, 4.

Round 3 could've been his as well (Volk slightly edged it imo).

I had Volk 3 and 5. Islam 1,2 and 4. That said both 2 and 3 from what I recall were quite competitive rounds and honestly, if Volk didn't give up that low double Islam surprised him with in the 4th where he took the back and road out the round, he could have won that fight. He was coming on in the 3rd, brilliant adjustment by Islam to secure the 4th round. Fight was close but Islam clearly won, either 3 to 2 or 4 to 1.

islam ended up on his back eating heavy shots at the end of round 5 from a guy who fights at 145.

true or false?

i

Brian Ortega beat Volk. Right?

There's some revisionist history going on with that fight, but for some good reasons. Volk showed a lot of heart in that fight and towards the end it looked like he had the upper hand. People came away thinking if the fight had gone any longer volk would have won.

But you have to look at rounds 1 - 5 and in those islam clearly won.

They both lost. Volk lost the fight and Islam lost his aura of invincibility. Before the fight, people were saying Islam could beat prime Derrick Lewis. Nobody thinks that anymore.

I thought Islam outstruck him pretty clearly. It’s Sherdog being Sherdog, the fight wasn’t expected to be that close and Volk dropped him in the 5th so there was some shock factor. If you score the fight the way it’s supposed to be scored Islam clearly won at least 3 of the rounds. It’s a more controversial fight than it should be.

They both lost. Volk lost the fight and Islam lost his aura of invincibility. Before the fight, people were saying Islam could beat prime Derrick Lewis. Nobody thinks that anymore.
Black Beast KOs Islam during a telegraphed shot and leaves him moaning and starched up like Curtis Blaydes

Just rewatched this fight... Are people saying volk won this fight because he survived and dropped Islam in the 5th round? Islam easily won rounds 1-4. Islam literally beat volk EVERYWHERE.. In striking and of course in Grappling. Islam was actually even wining the 5th round till he got tired and dropped. Islam tagged volk with knees in the beginning of round 5 and cut volk. IMHO, Volk won ONLY the last 2 minutes of the fight... Derek Cleary got this one right. THE END

No they say he won because he out pointed islam and we also see him taking end I think 4 when islam sat on his back the entire fight getting hit in the face and volk completely nullified islams grappling.. and ended the 5th round on top of islam ground and pounding him until the bell...

Now being an unbiased person and knowing how the judging works you have to give it to islam because youl see the striking was pretty even and volk missed alot of his shots that on tv looked like he landed and one of the knock downs was more of a push of balance islam took 1 and 2 volk 3 islam 4 volk round 5 but I see if you guy by being a man standards round 3 would go to volk and if you add more rounds volk easily wins islam was gassed

But that's off to islam that's a crazy guy to have you're first title defence vs but he could have showed some respect to volk.

Back