Islam has surpassed Khabib

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
-Islam just beat Volk who is better than anyone Khabib ever fought.

-Islam defended his title multiple times unlike Khabib

-Islam is capable of knocking out opponents unlike Khabib.

-Islam showed he can comeback from a loss, something Khabib was never able to do.

-Islam used his platform as a UFC star to condemn the Israel-Palestine conflict. Khabib stayed quiet about Russia-Ukraine

With 1 or 2 big wins, he certainly does. That's the downside of leaving after 3 title defenses

-Islam just beat Volk who is better than anyone Khabib ever fought.

-Islam defended his title multiple times unlike Khabib

-Islam is capable of knocking out opponents unlike Khabib.

-Islam showed he can comeback from a loss, something Khabib was never able to do.

-Islam used his platform as a UFC star to condemn the Israel-Palestine conflict. Khabib stayed quiet about Russia-Ukraine
Need to up your troll game a little bit, Uncle Jun.
Some of these are straight up lies.

Blatant, barefaced lies.

Agree with OP. You can't claim to be the best ever after beating a bunch of cans(a few good ones to be honest) and then leaving.

- Khabib defended more times than Islam.
- Khabib defended against actual lightweight contenders.
- Why would having to defend a lost be a good thing when he has never lost to begin with?

Needs a few more wins

Not just a few more, he needs some fresh wins. Beating Volk twice, Oliveira twice and Gaethje (who already lost in title fights to Oliveira and Khabib) is just not a strong resume in some regards...I mean Khabibs resume sucks too but he has the 0, the aura and the legacy so Islam has to do extra, no doubt.

It really sucks for Islam that Beneil didn't beat Oliveira so that we would have had Beneil vs Islam in Abu Dhabi. They should line Gamrot up vs either Gaethje or Oliveira while Islam defends his belt vs the other. Lightweight division always been sorta overrated.

When he walks through Dustin and Justin, I'm fine with this statement. Until then, you're stuck making paper turkeys for Christmas

Khabib really gonna condemn his own country’s actions on the world stage with somebody like Putin in charge <45>

Few will agree due to Khabib being his mentor and undefeated but you're correct OP. He is all but surpassing Khabib who had a short run at best imho. Khabib is a top 4 guy but I wish he stuck around to fight Charles then retire.

not yet
lets see how it goes with Gaatje and Poirier

he still need to face the best strikers in the division

I always said that Khabib wasnt UFC material, he was good but not elite. Early retirement just proves my theory

Let's not act like Islam didn't get brutally ktfo before

Back