• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ISIS : Why we hate you

That is definitely not true. In fact, one of the motivations for some suicide bombers has been benefiting their families.

Okay some care about their families, that's good to know. A lot are proud and welcome their family members dying in Jihad

What, am I a fucking military strategist? What kind of specifics are you looking for? Would you rather we do nothing?

I want to know how far you are willing to go, are you willing to:

-Torture
-Kill or harm families
-Genocide

What are you willing to do to "make an example"?

I think more accurately they refer to themselves as Salafists, whereas Wahhabism is what's practiced mostly in Saudi Arabia. Both are hardcore conservative branches of Islam and some scholars argue that they're almost indistinguishable. I've also read that some Salafists would severely resent being called Wahhabi since it's not quite hardcore enough. Salafists carry out the attacks, Wahhabis fund them. Maybe that's why Obama can't get himself to ever talk about this, since it would be uncomfortable to justify all the arms dealing with Saudi Arabia which is funding ISIS.

Salafis all tend to refer to themselves as "just Muslim", because of the injunction against sectarianism. Of course there's a subset of them who are perfectly happy to label anyone that disagrees with them as non-muslim. Amongst Muslims "Wahhabi" is basically just a pejorative for Salafis, it's the same reform movement internationally. The Saudis are Salafis as well, although in their case the movement can be more directly traced backed to the lineage of Abdul Wahhab. The Salafis range from being apolitical, non-revolutionary or outright pro-regime, through to groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and their offshoots. There's no centralised religious leadership (although groups like ISIS try obviously), and the movement tends to emphasise "independent reasoning" (ijtihad) over the following the rulings of scholars (taqlid).

Okay some care about their families, that's good to know. A lot are proud and welcome their family members dying in Jihad

I want to know how far you are willing to go, are you willing to:

-Torture
-Kill or harm families
-Genocide

What are you willing to do to "make an example"?

Not a fan of genocide. In fact, couldn't do it even if we tried. I leave the methods up to the people who would know how to do it.

Not a fan of genocide. In fact, couldn't do it even if we tried. I leave the methods up to the people who would know how to do it.

Ok, so status quo on on our military response than since our generals know "how to do it".

They are trash. Always will be.

Well, they couldn't have made it any clearer. No one should doubt their intentions. They indeed do hate us for our freedom (based on their religious beliefs that religious law is the only law) and they would fight us regardless of our foreign policy.

The most disturbing thing to me are the results of these polls:

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

We should also stop pretending that this insane world view is only held by fringe maniacs. While the number of Muslims willing to fly a plane into a building is fairly low (but large enough to form groups like ISIS), the ideas are not that uncommon (not as uncommon as the uninformed liberals will pretend). In the link above you will see that in many countries the majority (in some cases vast majority) Muslims believe in the death penalty for leaving Islam and believe in stoning adulterers.

These facts are particularly disturbing because it seems that it will be a very difficult task to get other Muslims to oppose Islam. Groups like ISIS become attractive when you believe this shit.

"2. We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited while banning many of the things He has permitted"

Damn. Dubya was spot on

Christians maybe, Jesus Christ however did not. I'm talking about the prophet here, dude.

Are you suggesting that child rape is something that should ignored or justified? Seems so.

Let's be fair. In Christianity, god impregnated a married teenager without her knowledge or consent. At least try to be somewhat objective in your criticism.

Well yea Obama armed Isis directly. That's not what I meant. That's why Trump mentioned how Obama founded Isis. He did. He shipped them weapons. General Flynn gave an interview about it.

That is false. ISIS didn't gain US armaments until crossing into Iraq and taking them from Iraqi bases.

America, why we don't give a shit that ISIS is a bunch of crybaby bitches.
images

ISIS preys on stupid people for recruiting purposes. I do't believe for a second that the upper echelon of ISIS commanders believe all this mumbo jumbo.

After all, the ISIS command structure was comprised mostly of Saddam's former military commanders. They weren't radicals until it suited their purpose of seizing power.

Just last week the "employment paperwork" for ISIS recruits was discovered and found that the majority of their recruits know little of Islam.

At the height of Islamic State's drive for foot soldiers in 2013 and 2014, typical recruits included the group of Frenchmen who went bar-hopping with their recruiter back home, the recent European convert who now hesitantly describes himself as gay, and two Britons who ordered "The Koran for Dummies" and "Islam for Dummies" from Amazon to prepare for jihad abroad. Their intake process complete, they were grouped in safe houses as a stream of Islamic State imams came in to indoctrinate them, according to court testimony and interviews by The Associated Press.

According to the documents, which were acquired by the Syrian opposition site Zaman al-Wasl and shared with the AP, 70 percent of recruits were listed as having just "basic" knowledge of Shariah — the lowest possible choice. Around 24 percent were categorized as having an "intermediate" knowledge, with just 5 percent considered advanced students of Islam.

Are disaffected people who understand Shariah more prone to radicalization? Or are those with little knowledge of Islam more susceptible to the group's radical ideas that promote violence?

The documents suggest the latter. The group preys on this religious ignorance, allowing extremists to impose a brand of Islam constructed to suit its goal of maximum territorial expansion and carnage as soon as recruits come under its sway.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/15/isis-gets-know-nothing-recruits-and-rejoices.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/isis-recruits-dont-know-islam-2016-8

Anyone remember that German reporter that was embedded with ISIS several years ago? He was with them for 6 months and claimed to have only seen 1 Quran the entire time. The reason being, the majority of Syrian fighters are illiterate. Their understanding of Islam comes from those in power that explain it to them.

Let's be fair. In Christianity, god impregnated a married teenager without her knowledge or consent. At least try to be somewhat objective in your criticism.
ok, that's fair kind of, but you're assuming that God is a human.

Doesn't it say in the gospels that an angel came and visited her before and told her what the big G had planned for her, and then Mary said she was down. At the same time her aunt or whoever was in her 70s and was gonna have a kid. I know that any criticism of Islam needs to be immediately countered with a deflection to Christianity but I don't think this particular one is any good.

Doesn't it say in the gospels that an angel came and visited her before and told her what the big G had planned for her, and then Mary said she was down. At the same time her aunt or whoever was in her 70s and was gonna have a kid. I know that any criticism of Islam needs to be immediately countered with a deflection to Christianity but I don't think this particular one is any good.

I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, she was young (estimated to be an early teen) and married. It's still weird regardless, agree?

I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, she was young (estimated to be an early teen) and married. It's still weird regardless, agree?

Oh I definitely agree that it's weird, and it's also pretty crazy that people still believe it to this day. But your description of it was completely bogus, and it's an incredibly weak deflection. How can that be compared to a cult leader being given one of his follower's daughters at the age of 6, then raping her at the age of 9. And when said cult leader, who was also a bandit, a slaver and a warlord, is revered as the perfect human by over a billion people who are taught that they need to emulate his way of living, and this leads to forced child marriages among other terrible practices.....well, like I said it's an incredibly weak deflection.

eh the most influential Shia clerics in Iraq spoke out against killing gays just the other day. It's a move in the right direction.

Let us welcome the wide disparity of opinions. Eventually every country with large Muslim populations is living in fear and uncertainty from the significant number that preach and live the qur'an. Every time. Welcome to the middle east. That wasn't even an extremist imam, just a regular imam.

Back