Ishii and his new Jiu-Jitsu coach

JacJeanFinger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Ishii finally found someone who won't allow him to strike with Fedor.

New American partner, Kristin mikkelson is a BJJ black belt and current mundial champion.

Although I do not cheer for relationship that's not leading to marriage, I hope Kristin helps ishii's ground game that's infested with too many bad judo bugs.

Judo is good if you are happy with close split decision loss. If you want to win in MMA, you should give up with it and learn real submission game unless you're super talented in boxing to cover up your limited grappling offense.

Go ishii

Last edited:

New American partner, Kristin mikkelson is a BJJ black belt and current mundial champion.

Although I do not cheer for relationship that's not leading to marriage, I hope Kristin helps ishii's ground game that's infested with too many bad judo bugs.

Judo is good if you are happy with close split decision loss. If you want to win in MMA, you should give up with it and learn real submission game unless you're super talented in boxing to cover up your limited grappling offense.

Go ishii

Ishii did well for himself.

I don't recall ever seeing him do any JJ.

The very first year he started off MMA career, he went over to where yushin okami trained to learn some Jiu-Jitsu. He was forced to tapout left and right by the UFC veteran who was giving up at least 30 pounds.

About a year later, however, I read an ishii's blog comment bragging about passing Werdum's guard. Passguard doesn't mean anything if you don't know anything about mount control and back taking followed by submission. As sakuraba proved in the previous decade, passgurd + kimura can only finish intermediate level fighters. (According to filipovich, werdum sometimes lets his students get him).

Amanda Noons may argue that being lgt and in a fighter - fighter relationship is an advantage.

Kodokan is a highly hierarchical society and dropping out from its summit is considered pretty suicidal. While having no interest in him and his fights, I can have just a little bit of respect for his lonely decision on his life.

Guess Mirko wasn’t interested

Go ishii

Are u retarded???? Judo isn't just submissions, it focuses more on take downs.

Are u retarded???? Judo isn't just submissions, it focuses more on take downs.

I don't appreciate rude comments. And I don't think I need your lecture on judo. At 8th grade, I was recruited by the high school competition team that was beating ishii's school all the time.

I don't appreciate rude comments. And I don't think I need your lecture on judo. At 8th grade, I was recruited by the high school competition team that was beating ishii's school all the time.
I'm sure you did. Also u turned down the Olympics cause they were too political.

Ishii has a defensive style, but his grappling is elite.

He recently completed in grappling matches with Frank Mir and Roger Gracie blackbelt Dan Strauss, neither could submit him. He has also had 27 MMA fights and never been submitted.

He has 9/18 MMA victories by submission which is a good record.

Back