Isami Gi in Japan

jasoncyclops**

Red Belt
Reaction score
One quick question
any idea where can i buy Isami gi in Tokyo or Nagoya?

thanks!

Sagami Building 4F,
4-2-21 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku,
Tokyo 160-0022

Tel: 03-3352-4083
Fax: 03-3352-4084

It's quite hard to find though, it's on the 4th floor of a completely nondescript office building.

James

The Isami store in Tokyo (and the one in Nagoya) are both pretty hard to find.

Personally, I'd recommend the KOUBUDO store in Nagoya. The place is bigger, prices tend to be cheaper, and you can get a free sample of protein. http://www.koubudo.co.jp/

Since this thread is about Japanese gis I thought I might hijack it real quick.

Basically I have double yellows so I cannot make my own thread, but I have having trouble figuring out ALMAs gi sizes.

here is their website: ALMA

If anyone can decipher their gi chart (height wise) I will reward them with happiness points (the best type of points!). Hopefully someone stumbles across this post >.<

At Isami? Btw, Isami Gi`s suck. I had one and I gave it away and bought an Adjust one instead.

Since this thread is about Japanese gis I thought I might hijack it real quick.

Basically I have double yellows so I cannot make my own thread, but I have having trouble figuring out ALMAs gi sizes.

here is their website: ALMA

If anyone can decipher their gi chart (height wise) I will reward them with happiness points (the best type of points!). Hopefully someone stumbles across this post >.<

Looks pretty straightforward to me - the numbers (145-158 etc) refer to your height in cm. All the other measurements are based on the dimensions of the gi. So work out your height in cm, see which size you match, and there you go. The fact that they offer the key measurements of the gi is great, means yo can compare it to your current gis and get an idea of the fit.

James

Looks pretty straightforward to me - the numbers (145-158 etc) refer to your height in cm. All the other measurements are based on the dimensions of the gi. So work out your height in cm, see which size you match, and there you go. The fact that they offer the key measurements of the gi is great, means yo can compare it to your current gis and get an idea of the fit.

James

Cheers mate, I thought that was the weight! :)

At Isami? Btw, Isami Gi`s suck. I had one and I gave it away and bought an Adjust one instead.

really?! i have read nothing but praise about Isami gi
can u tell me the reason why it sucks?i wanna buy a Japan made gi as a souvenir?
any other high quality Japanse brand?

Care to elaborate? I've owned plenty of gis, from Lucky to Shoyoroll to Atama, and I think the Isami is hands down the best of the lot.

How about reversal GI? how's the quality of their gi?
but i am not a big fan of their design

How about reversal GI? how's the quality of their gi?
but i am not a big fan of their design

Reversal GI is an Isami gi patched up with reversal logos.

Isami's quality is second to none. The weave is super soft and comfortable but feels really sturdy.

Only complaint is the cut of the sleeve opening. It feels more like a judo cut than for BJJ. And that is why I would never wear in a competition, but a great gi for training.

Back