Is WWE still huge in other countries?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
WWE has 54 million YT subscribers. That is the 7th most in the entirety of YT, the most of ANY sport channel. ESPN in comparison only has 6, which is astonishingly low to me. UFC 8 million.

But the thing is I only know 1 person, out of ALL my friends, coworkers, relatives, etc that still watches PW. I never see people in public wearing PW shirts or merch.

Its not possible that its all little kids. People are still watching, I just don't know who. Is it huge in other countries outside of the US?

I know tons of people that USED to watch, but havent in years because of the product became so ghey and PG.

I still watch it but normally when I'm flicking through sports channels in the morning . If it's on I'll watch it whilst eating breakfast or getting ready to go out. No longer follow story lines or anything like that though

I'll watch the late 80s to early 00s off YouTube

I enjoy seeing HBK, Angle, Flair, Bret, Owen, Benoit, Savage, Jake the Snake, Foley, Sting

I could go on. They have full matches for some of the matches and old interviews. Some even have full episodes.

I even watch old NBA games too.

AEW is huge in every country in the world

I know it’s big in the Middle East now. The Saudis paid huge money for the WWE to have PPVs there.

Mr. McMahon is the greatest promoter that has ever lived.

Last edited:
I know a few Indian immigrants who are not only huge fans, but talk about it like it’s a real competition.

This is one of the loudest pops I have ever heard in my life. Raw at the time was pretaped every other week if I remember correctly. WCW Nitro always taped live and they used to give away results of the pretaped Raw shows in a bid to deprave the viewers. Tony Schiavone famously said "We understand Mick Foley, who wrestled here as Cactus Jack, is going to win their world title. That'll put a lot of butts in seats.". It's been said that around 600,000 homes swtiched over to Raw at that moment to watch Mick Foley as Mankind win the title. That night also gave us the 'Fingerpoke of Doom' at Nitro when Hulk Hogan famously poked Kevin Nash in the chest causing Nash to theatrically throw himself to the mat in which Hogan then pinned him to win World Heavyweight Title. That plus Mick Foley winning the WWF World Title that night signified the beginning of the end of WCW

Here is Stone Cold coming out to save Mick Foley. Just listen to the pop he gets when the glass breaks from the crowd and also the pop Mick gets when he wins. Wow

Also heres Schiavone telling everyone about Mick winning the belt. By the way it was Eric Bischoff who told Tony to say this. Tony himself didn't want to say it but he too

And here is the Finger Poke of Doom

I stopped watching WWE as it is called now around 2005 and haven't watched it since save for Wrestlemania on a few occasions. It just isn't the same anymore since they went PG. I'll say this though NXT is good stuff and same goes for AEW.

I see a surprising number of grown men in wrestling shirts whenever I’m out at shopping centers, supermarkets, or downtown during the day on weekends. There are plenty of nerds out here, and wrestlemania sells as many tickets as the super bowl each year.

That said, if you read the comments on those YouTube videos, you’ll get some insight into the international fan base. Jhon Cena best wrestler royal rumble 2012!

I see a surprising number of grown men in wrestling shirts whenever I’m out at shopping centers, supermarkets, or downtown during the day on weekends. There are plenty of nerds out here, and wrestlemania sells as many tickets as the super bowl each year.

That said, if you read the comments on those YouTube videos, you’ll get some insight into the international fan base. Jhon Cena best wrestler royal rumble 2012!
I was at my brothers house last night and my 6 year old nephew Henry is obsessed with John Cena. I dipped out watching WWE right as John Cena started to get big.

Last edited:
I was my brothers house last night and my 6 year old nephew Henry is obsessed with John Cena. I dipped out watching WWE right as John Cena started to get big.

Him and Batista were emerging as I was finishing high school, now they’re both movie stars. Somebody on Monday Night Raw this week is gonna end up playing the next Chewbacca or Norman Schwartzkopf or something in a high profile movie in 2025.

Him and Batista were emerging as I was finishing high school, now they’re both movie stars. Somebody on Monday Night Raw this week is gonna end up playing the next Chewbacca or Norman Schwartzkopf or something in a high profile movie in 2025.
I think the Rock going mainstream made others realize they could do it or at least attempt to do it. I've noticed both him and Cena are pretty big movie stars now and especially Batista

John Cena is a movie star?

Guess I don’t watch many movies.

John Cena is a movie star?

Guess I don’t watch many movies.

Yeah, dudes in the transformers and fast and furious franchises, doing kids movies and stuff, also the new Suicide Squad, but everybody’s in that.

I know a lot of people hate on it, but it's tough to deny that WWE is a juggernaut as a company. They are selling out venues throughout the country on the regular, they are having big shows like WM and Royal Rumble in large-scale arenas, and the international appeal is still there.

WWE died when Benoit benoited his family.

I know a lot of people hate on it, but it's tough to deny that WWE is a juggernaut as a company. They are selling out venues throughout the country on the regular, they are having big shows like WM and Royal Rumble in large-scale arenas, and the international appeal is still there.
I havent followed WWE storylines or watched a normal TV episode in like 12 years, but I still tune in for Wrestlemania every single year

NXT is very good, as is AEW.

WWE has a lot of decent talent, but is rather boring for the most part.

They are selling out venues throughout the country on the regular,
That's not true at all
They give away tickets to their tv tapings and are sometimes forced to cancel their shows because they are having a terrible time trying to sell tickets

Back