Is Wilder "done"?

borntoloseNOT

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm not talking his post loss tantrum, I'm talking his career. I guess his delusions about the loss aren't a good sign, but my question is simple: Is Wilder ever going to be a factor ever again in the HW division?

Pros:
Touch of death, reach and height for days, division has a lot of names and potential, but still many many exploitable scalps

Cons:
Doesnt believe he lost clean, increasingly more reliant on setting up one punch, thoroughly exposed and stopped last time out by a guy not known for their power

What do you guys think?

Me:
I'd love seeing Wilder on any night, I dont think hes the top dog anymore, maybe not even the big 3 anymore, but his KO power is unbelievable and he comes to win. I would gladly watch him KO Usyk, Whyte, Povetkin, Hunter, Ruiz, Parker, etc, or get KOd by them. Either way, I hope the big guy is still in the mix and gets over the loss and SOON.

I’d like to see him again but think he’s done as a contender for top spot.

Seems that he has taken the loss hard though and doesn’t really have anyone around him to steer him on the right path.

The saying goes, boxing is 90% mental, he has all the physical tools but lacks the remaining 90%

my question is simple: Is Wilder ever going to be a factor ever again in the HW division?
If he will improve and is in good shape why not. He needs to improve.
Yes, he clearly lost vs Fury both 2 fights. No excuses there.

I better wish to see A.J vs Usyk and A.J vs Wilder than vs Pulev for example.
Maybe he might improve? ??? If guy is top 5, top 10, he still is not bad at all to watch.
For me not so much important are their titles than to get see competitive fights. not geriartic opponents or boring stuff in HW.

The saying goes, boxing is 90% mental, he has all the physical tools but lacks the remaining 90%

Wilder's mentality was always probably one of the stronger parts of his game, considering his technical shortcomings. He does appear to have lost his mind in the aftermath of the Fury fight, though, so who knows?

HW boxing is more exciting with him. It seems that he’s gone insane, though, and if he comes back he’d better get ready to get muscled around in endless clinches because that’s what he’ll get.

For himself , his family and the fans I hope not.

Needs to fight a tune up, KO the guy and get his confidence back. Fury's gonna lose to AJ anyway. So maybe Wilder-AJ

He overreacted to the loss, its like he brainwashed himself that he couldn't lose and now he's broken, his confidence is shallow tbh no fighter should have such a fragile foundation

I don't think it's certain tbh. Wilder's mentality looks bad but that might not be a concern at the end of the day because he's still more skilled than most of the other heavyweights. WE'll have to see what he looks like when he comes back.

Plenty of careers end without 30 mil in the bank. Don't be too sad.

I hate to see any man broken. Ultimately his family will suffer with him. And selfishly, I enjoyed watching him get in the ring. But I hear ya, dude is loaded.

He's mentally wrecked, so it's probably good that he's not taken a fight recently. He should take as much time off as he needs to get his head right, worked wonders for Foreman.... of course he wasn't nearly as old as wilder when he took his break.

HW boxing is more exciting with him. It seems that he’s gone insane, though, and if he comes back he’d better get ready to get muscled around in endless clinches because that’s what he’ll get.

are you trying to imply John Ruiz is un-retiring?

I’d like to see him again but think he’s done as a contender for top spot.

Seems that he has taken the loss hard though and doesn’t really have anyone around him to steer him on the right path.

I mean if you try steering Wilder in the right path, and look out for his bests interests he just fires you and accuses you of poisoning him.

Back