Is Volk vs Islam comparable to BJ vs GSP?

First time sure, bj was a real lightweight with a 16-17 pound weight disadvantage against GSP the second time

A bit. Hopefully Volk does not stick around til the tippy toes era though.
LMFAO! Tippy toes Pen was an abomination. He looked like he was doing ballet. Wish I was in that camp to tell him nah, that ain't it chief!

Both impressive in the rematch but I'd say GSPs complete dismantling and soul crushing of BJ was actually more impressive than a 1st round KO

Made BJ of all people quit on the stool. The odds of that happening around the time would have been like +70000

Is that exactly what happened? Between 3 and 4 or did it make it into 4 I dont remember all the way.

I feel like BJ wouldn’t have quit on the stool without someone in his corner like…mentioning that to him as an option because otherwise I’ve seen him take so many asswhoopping pretty willingly it seems. I blame the damage he took going up to welterweight and above on the major fall off he had because watching him move from like 2001-2011 was someone who seemed to be as good as any GOAT ever has been when they are at their best.
however when he does not take the lead in the first round I don’t think he ever rallied once to win a decision in his career And when he fell off it was like….he was just trying to see if some new shit he was practicing actually worked in the ufc when he was having his last 8 fights lol

Back