Is Vitaly Minakov FINALLY a Free Agent?

I think only 2 people know what the contract status is of him.

Minakov is still listed on the bellator roster via their website which means he is still under contract to them.

They can't represent him a being a bellator fighter unless he still technically is.

I'm a bit surprised that Bellator can't sue him. I know they have the clause that allows them to fight for Orgs out of the country in their contract.

However, when UFC Fightpass picked up Fight Nights Global (he had already fought for them in the past) and the UFC could technically profit off of his fights, it feels like there is a lawsuit?

Minakov is still listed on the bellator roster via their website which means he is still under contract to them.

They can't represent him a being a bellator fighter unless he still technically is.

I agree but when it asked what his contract might be im sure only scott coker and vitally only know the truth

I'm a bit surprised that Bellator can't sue him. I know they have the clause that allows them to fight for Orgs out of the country in their contract.

However, when UFC Fightpass picked up Fight Nights Global (he had already fought for them in the past) and the UFC could technically profit off of his fights, it feels like there is a lawsuit?

bellator doesn't care.

bellator doesn't care.
It just seems like a way they could play hardball to

1. Take away another option for Minikov to legally fight.

2. Potentially Sue the UFC for having someone fight under their umbrella that was't a free agent..

I agree but when it asked what his contract might be im sure only scott coker and vitally only know the truth

Fair enough

He certainly isn't a free agent though

His contract allows him to fight in Russia.
So can he fight for UFC if the card take place in Russia?

Thats bs, the Ufc has dozens of fighters on their website that are no longer under contract

I don't think Bellator s dumb enough to let him go. Hopefully hes returning to Bellator now that FNG is done.

Ufc just signed Pavlovich, Ruslan can return in October, Volkov is top 5, Oleynik, Arlovski and Shamil are all top 15. They got enough great Russian hws anyway

Last edited:
It just seems like a way they could play hardball to

1. Take away another option for Minikov to legally fight.

2. Potentially Sue the UFC for having someone fight under their umbrella that was't a free agent..
well down side to old school bellator days when they didn't have a lot of events often and let people fight else where to stay active.

I guess they bellator should sue them if there a glory fighter on there roster on ufc fight pass 2

He’s never coming to the UFC, which means his fans will never see him get exposed. I don’t think he’s top ten. Maybe not top fifteen either.

hes not coming to the ufc, ever.

Erick Silva is still on the UFC roster even though he's contracted to LFA.

I might be wrong but I think TV channel in Mexico or Brazil that shows UFC (and I think owned by the UFC) shows other mma and kickboxing events maybe even Bellator but there is no attempts to sue that channel.
Plus I don't know how do you see that situation should have ended if there is a risk of lawsuit? Minakov learns that Fight Pass is gonna broadcast his next fight and fires his manager and cut all ties with Fight Nights?
But actually I remember Minakov said that Bellator scheduled his title defense against some Brazilian guy for June of 2016 and asked him not to fight against Graham in May on that Emelianenko-Maldonado card.

Also I think Eddie Bravo Invitational is showing on Fight Pass and in 2017 Ilima-Lei Macfarlane became champion there. And she is a Bellator fighter and Bellator champion at Women's Flyweight.

well down side to old school bellator days when they didn't have a lot of events often and let people fight else where to stay active.

I guess they bellator should sue them if there a glory fighter on there roster on ufc fight pass 2

I mean i've never seen the contract, so they must not be able to. Just imagine UFC funneling some money to one of these orgs to get Rory or Moose to fight for a company that is under the fightpass umbrella. Maybe they've changed future contracts to avoid such a thing.

But you are right they don't seem to care.

Back