Is Vitali going to retire now?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Herbavour, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Herbavour

Herbavour Banned Banned

I remember him saying he was going to be done after 2010. He is getting up their in age, but, I still think he fights very well. He is not as good as he was back in 2004, but I still think he has a couple good fights left in him. I would like to see him fight David Haye and Nicolai Valuev (The giant russian who is afraid of the Klit brothers). If he does retire tho, i'm not gonna be too heartbroken about it. I thought he would never fight again after being injured constantly in training in 2005. So it was cool see him come back in 2008-2010 and have the number of fights he did.

2. power-athlete

power-athlete pro sherdog poster

He said no.. but David haye will wait until hes 50 and then fight him,proof:

3. dg43088

dg43088 Guest

I believe he said he wasn't done yet in an article up in the ESPN Boxing section leading up to the fight so my guess is he isn't going to hang it up quite yet. I would love to see him or his brother fight Haye and finally end his shit talking about how he's not ducking them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  4. brian13

brian13 Brown Belt

He still wants Haye, so he won't be retiring soon.

5. StompHisFace**

StompHisFace** Banned Banned

I hope not I enjoy seeing him cracking peoples face in.

6. badvash88

badvash88 Old dude Belt

i think haye has a chance again vitali, but not his brother for some reason i cant really explain...

7. Krow***

Krow*** Orange Belt

8. PeterPain

PeterPain Brown Belt

Little bro doesn t hit as hard but is twice more technical.

9. Anabola

Anabola Green Belt

Sure, he's going to retire.. retire Haye's career

10. aries

aries Silver Belt

But Wlad can actually be hurt and Haye carries enough firepower to do that. Vitali on the other hand wasn't even phased by Lennox Lewis's biggest shots so Haye imho wouldn't be able to do anything except try and run for 12 rounds.

11. TimmyC

TimmyC Amateur Fighter

I think Wlads' left hook and straight right harder than vitalis....but Vitali is tougher and takes a better shot.

12. donfryeistheman

donfryeistheman Banned Banned

Wlad is the technically superior puncher with more power in all of his shots. Because he puts his weight behind them. Wlad also has better balance, and is a little quicker. He's definitely more athletic than his older brother.

Vitali on the other hand, in my opinion at least, is the better fighter. While not as athletic, he has the intangibles his younger brother doesn't have. Vitali has better defense and a little better footwork. He's also adept in keeping the right distance and using his height to his advantage (they're probably equal in this regard). Obviously, Vitali has the better chin and can take the better punch. He's also ALWAYS more composed than Wlad, and it's hard to rattle him. Elder brother arm punches, but he does that because it suits his style, and allows him to escape his opponent's shots. That's why he very rarely commits to his punches. Vitali can lean back and slip shots better than Wladimir as well.

While more awkward, Vitali is the better all-around fighter. I think both Klits beat Haye, but Wlad takes care of business earlier than Vitali due to his speed and jab. On the other hand, Haye most likely has a better chance of beating Wlad because he could always land a huge punch that'll rattle Wlad, whereas the same hope is small against Vitali.....yet against Vitali, Haye has a chance of winning because of his speed. He'll be able to use his footwork and speed better against Vitali, but wont be able to hurt him, and eventually Vitali will start to get to Haye. Both brothers have more experience that will come into play. So, in other words, Haye is screwed. He's fucked either way, and I think he knows it.

13. donfryeistheman

donfryeistheman Banned Banned

Indeed.

14. dg43088

dg43088 Guest

I don't know if this could have been said much better then the way you put it.

15. PeterPain

PeterPain Brown Belt

They both agree openly that Wlad is the better boxer but like some said:
    Vitali VS Haye is a better fight stylewise.