Is UFC 228 one of the worst cards ever

TS is right, we all know it.

ppv cards need to be stacked from bottom to top for that price.

I've never understood why they don't just fluctuate pay-per-view cost with the perceived value of the card.

It's like they are stuck at this $60 mark.

if they dropped it to say $39 I would probably buy it.
They need to understand making money with volume instead of not making money at all.

Dana is not a businessman. When you have 500 million dollars in the bank, you lose sight of the value of $60. To Dana thats .50 cents.

This MUST-need to fill pay-per-view slots with whoever (just because you have a venue booked) is killing there profits in the long term.

I agree about all ppv cards needing to be stacked but not about tier prices for the ppvs as no way Dana would ever admit a show he is trying to promote is terrible and not worth full price

Theres some good fighters on the card, I'm looking forward to it

Not even stream worthy. We aren't in the "3 cards in 1 weekend" era anymore and there are often several weeks in between cards so a PPV this weak is pretty inexcusable imo.

In fact, the entire stretch from late August to October is crap. Jimi Manuwa should not be main eventing anything

I agree about all ppv cards needing to be stacked but not about tier prices for the ppvs as no way Dana would ever admit a show he is trying to promote is terrible and not worth full price
agreed. "tiered PPV rates" is such a weird pipe dream based on nothing logical or reasonable that some mma fans just continue to grasp on to.

It's still a fun little card but certainly not of ppv calibre. I remember the days when ppv main cards were all stacked with interesting fights. Nowadays they throw a title fight onto a fs1 card and call it a day.

Part of the problem is too many events, they're spreading the roster so thin trying to have events almost every weekend. This leads to them signing many mediocre fighters who through pull outs and other circumstances end up making up main cards. They will also throw pretty good fights on an fs1 card as a main event. What they should do is use those events to elevate lower guys and keep the bigger main event for a ppv. Then you'd have some solid cards.

Imagine if they took Gaethje/Vick from the last event and Hunt/Olinyk from the next card. All of the sudden you have a pretty good card again. Of course those smaller cards suffer but if your real money maker is ppv, then it will pay for itself.

There have definitely been worse cards but for a PPV this is one of the weakest for sure.

I’m gonna watch it cuz I love the sport but they’re not getting my 65 bucks. I’ll head down to the bar that plays it here and give them 35-40 bucks but at least I’ll have a few beers and food

Theres some good fighters on the card, I'm looking forward to it

he aint what he used to be, but i still look forward to watching jim miller fight. diego's walkouts are usually entertaining. not sure if excited for dodson, i feel he used to be more fun but recently is more of a point fighter?

Well... I for one am not going to purchase that snoozefest.

The way for consumers to demand better a product is by not opening their wallets. But as long as MMA fans cry about weak cards but still purchase them, nothing will change. Either stop buying bad cards or stop complaining.

And yes, this is easily the worst PPV card in recent memory. Personally, I wouldn't pay $10 for this turd.

Typical sherdog reply -10/10
This was even more typical than your initial post I’m shocked and taken aback at how you are even more typical than I initially perceived your typicality has no boundaries it seems

yes, making tons of money from TV deals has hurt the PPVs and has frustrated many fans who want to go back to 12-20 cards a year and LW-HW mens MMA weight classes

my guess is that we won't any time soon see them choose to go from 50 cards to 20, solely for the opportunity to make hundreds of millions of dollars less.

put another way, Zuffa isn't in the business of not making money.

i'm not buying it or illegally streaming it.

but when you get down in the dumps, TS, i suggest you think about all the awesome fights you've seen on Spike, Fox and FS1. because it's all related.

See the thing is that I WANT to buy every PPV but I have finally come to a point where I am not going to allow the UFC to extort me out of 65 bucks for an inferior product. The UFC is supposed to be the premiere MMA organization yet in 2018 it somehow can't put on a decent 5 fight main card to give the consumer its moneys worth. And its less about the money and more about the principle, I would have paid 100 bucks to watch UFC217 but I would probably pay 30 bucks tops to watch this wannabe FS1 card.

This was even more typical than your initial post I’m shocked and taken aback at how you are even more typical than I initially perceived your typicality has no boundaries it seems

Looking at your join date and your post count you may want to take a break and go outside and get some air for a few champ.

See the thing is that I WANT to buy every PPV but I have finally come to a point where I am not going to allow the UFC to extort me out of 65 bucks for an inferior product. The UFC is supposed to be the premiere MMA organization yet in 2018 it somehow can't put on a decent 5 fight main card to give the consumer its moneys worth. And its less about the money and more about the principle, I would have paid 100 bucks to watch UFC217 but I would probably pay 30 bucks tops to watch this wannabe FS1 card.
i hear ya. it's frustrating.

but like all good things (and some bad ones), it has evolved. some of it we don't like. some of it we do.

Looking at your join date and your post count you may want to take a break and go outside and get some air for a few champ.
I am doing just that but not because of your recommendation friend. Never judge a book by its cover. Millennial have fast fingers anyways

Back