• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is "Thug" nickname racist?

' Is that acceptable under the social justice warrior platform?

Who the fuck cares? You're mistaking me for one of your self-hating white feminist strawmen. Pretty sure they don't exist on sherdog, you might want to check your meds.

Who the fuck cares? You're mistaking me for one of your self-hating white feminist strawmen. Pretty sure they don't exist on sherdog, you might want to check your meds.

Believe it or not, you're actually in very good company on Sherdog. There are a ton of people that rant about racism, 'white privilege', 'white supremacy', 'dog whistles', 'misogyny', and other such nonsense. You'll fit right in with these people. But I don't have to tell you that. I know you're a prior banned user.

'grandpa' Uh-oh! Is that ageism I hear? Is that acceptable under the social justice warrior platform? Sounds bigoted to me.

The dumbest part about this is I'm not a democrat and I think Nixon is criminally underrated in some aspects. Opening trade relations with China, getting off the gold standard, and even some of the policies you mentioned, be they genuine or cynical, were impressive achievements. A lot of politicians racebaited at the time and by no means do I think Nixon was the worst of them. I was literally ONLY disputing your claim that various Republican campaigns didn't try to appeal to racists when they're literally saying "So here was our strategy; we had to get the racist vote". Facts are facts and transcend politics.

Believe it or not, you're actually in very good company on Sherdog. There are a ton of people that rant about racism, 'white privilege', 'white supremacy', 'dog whistles', 'misogyny', and other such nonsense. You'll fit right in with these people. But I don't have to tell you that. I know you're a prior banned user.

Uh, I think the term "white privilege" is retarded and I don't think misogyny is a problem in the modern West, so nice try. It must be VERY comforting to come up with a strawman and attribute all kinds of supposedly undesirable characteristics to me, not knowing a thing about me, even though the dispute is one of fact, not political opinion. Isn't the whole "strawman" thing exactly what you're accusing the Left of, when you went on your "evil Southern racist" spiel?

Edit: And no, I'm not a banned user, lol. I'm a noob, I haven't watched UFC long enough to have been on this site for long.

Last edited:
The dumbest part about this is I'm not a democrat and I think Nixon is criminally underrated in some aspects.

The dumbest part about this is you bumped a days old thread to try and confront me on something insignificant.

...and attribute all kinds of supposedly undesirable characteristics to me

"I'm sure most of the politicians you support for being hardcore racists aren't actually hardcore racists."

^So what's that? Did you mean 'you' in the general sense?

The dumbest part about this is you bumped a days old thread to try and confront me on something insignificant.

There's no such thing as the wrong time to correct something. That wasn't meant just for you, it was meant for people who might read it and get the wrong impression.

There's no such thing as the wrong time to correct something. That wasn't meant just for you, it was meant for people who might read it and get the wrong impression.

Yes, which is why I responded.

Nowadays about half the dictionary has the potential to offend someone.

Exactly . . . if folks are so weak that they need to find some way of being offended they've got issues.

No, you, the neocons are the victims, remember bro?

All those dangerous, evil Mexicans and jews coming and taking all of your jobs bro, right? Poor bitter conservatives just can't catch a break!!

I think you mean illegal Mexicans . . . bro. <Baelish01>

Yes, which is why I responded.

You didn't, though. You brought up other matters. Nixon's campaign manager said "Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans." He's saying Republicans need to make sure black people can vote safely, because black people voting scares Republicans into voting against them. Did he say that, or not? If you provide evidence that he didn't say that, I will apologize to you. If you write some other nonsense that doesn't answer the question, I'll probably respond with "lol ok." I REALLY doubt that you'll just accept the very simple fact he said that, even though it was recorded.

It's a yes or no question. You can even say "not all Republicans thought like that", and I won't argue. Did at least some high ranking members of Republican political campaigns target racist voters?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Last edited:
No. But some people probably think snow is racist, so....

Back