Is this the most depessing time ever for mma fans?

giphy.gif

You are a Conor-fan noob.

Care to hear how I know?

Because you have no idea how good MMA used to be.

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(
Goodness man, chill out maybe? MMA is fine. Grassroots fighters are being born everyday. No one will argue the UFC isn't a bit fucky right now with the new owners, but you should be more embarrassed that you're a big drama queen than the current state of mixed martial arts

Matt Hughes in a coma. Bj penn obliterating his legacy. Fedor very likely about to lose to mittrione. Reebok. Usada. Only 1 new star in the ufc and he's mostly hype. Pride dead for over a decade now. Ufc killing itself and the sport slowly and painfully.

I mean what happened to the mma we knew and loved 10 years ago? I'm embarrassed to let people know I'm a hardcore mma fan these days. Just....what happened? :(

By one new star you mean Platinum

Matt hughes hope you recover. Hughes is an irish surname, that irish-american farm boy knew how to put on a good show. Still enjoyed his three fights with gsp even though i wanted gsp to beat him. For some reason matt was very easy to hate even though him and i have things in common.

I got in car accident same day as him, his was alot more serious he can fight this he is a warrior.

Yeah i was never a big fan of his personality, but as a fighter the guy is a legend no doubt. It's tragic what happened and i rly do hope he and his family pull through this.

If you know me, you know I've been around a while....

I've seen literally every single era of MMA, and have ALWAYS been captivated by this amazing sport. It's the best sport in the world.

Never did I think I would ever lose interest no matter what. Now that time has come.

The bottom line is that Dana White, and company have fucked this sport up, and it's hit the point where it's embarrassing to even admit I watch MMA.

This should greatly concern the UFC....Knowing how things are going, it probably won't.

You are a Conor-fan noob.

Care to hear how I know?

Because you have no idea how good MMA used to be.
That's right! Real hardcores like us have to bitch constantly and make sure everyone knows we liked it way back when it was good... Fuck, your like the Gene Simmons of MMA. Anything after 'your time' just sucks don't it? Gotcha

Goodness man, chill out maybe? MMA is fine. Grassroots fighters are being born everyday. No one will argue the UFC isn't a bit fucky right now with the new owners, but you should be more embarrassed that you're a big drama queen than the current state of mixed martial arts

Dude, did u just say mma is fine? Because i can't begin to determine your rationale for "fine."

If you know me, you know I've been around a while....

I've seen literally every single era of MMA, and have ALWAYS been captivated by this amazing sport. It's the best sport in the world.

Never did I think I would ever lose interest no matter what. Now that time has come.

The bottom line is that Dana White, and company have fucked this sport up, and it's hit the point where it's embarrassing to even admit I watch MMA.

This should greatly concern the UFC....Knowing how things are going, it probably won't.

Well said. Same here. Can't believe i ever would have lost interest in full contact martial arts. But i have.

how am I 'modding' im asking mods to put this shit elsewhere. theres been a UFC is dying thread every day since 2006

Ya this is taking up space in place of other super important and intelligent threads I see here on a daily basis. Lol. I don't see why people are all tense about this stuff.

Dude, did u just say mma is fine? Because i can't begin to determine your rationale for "fine."
Yes. MMA is fine. That the UFC can't manage their roster of talent and lacks for stars currently hurts their profit margin, not the sport. MMA will keep growing no matter your fixation on stars, spectacle and revenue. Even if the UFC implodes altogether, another organization will come along, there are plenty already

We still got Gegard though

He's all I need

Well said. Same here. Can't believe i ever would have lost interest in full contact martial arts. But i have.
You're such a little pansy. Go listen to pop music if your that desperate for a celebrity's genitalia to suck. MMA don't need you, never did, so go on

I love mma now more than ever. GTFO fake fan

Conor mcgregor is about to fight floyd mayweather.lifes amazing

That is the 1 thing on the horizon that I'm even remotely pumped for. And there's no question mayweathers gonna beat the brakes off conor. But still, I'll watch it.

After that, what else is there to look forward to?

Bull. Zuffa started this train down the wrong tracks many years ago. The fox deal was the beginning. Not to mention reebok. Barely building up stars. Crap fight pay. Etc. Etc.

This is more zuffas fault than anyone elses.
R
Bull. Zuffa started this train down the wrong tracks many years ago. The fox deal was the beginning. Not to mention reebok. Barely building up stars. Crap fight pay. Etc. Etc.

This is more zuffas fault than anyone elses.
right, Zulfadli screwed up the UFC so bad they only sold it for $4.3 billion.

Jon Bobblehead Anik is the worst thing that has happened to the sport. I haven't bought a PPV since they fired Goldie. They should offer a stream without commentating, so we could at least hear punches connect properly. Bellator does a better job with in cage mics, signed Goldie and a bunch of elite fighters. If they keep this up, the UFC will be second tier within a year.

Back