Is this the Lombard we had hoped to see?

stin4tw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Wiped out Palhares, who has one of the biggest followings on Sherdog. He was explosive, controlled the cage, looked confident and and dropped bombs. Is this the version of Lombard that will hopefully continue to grow in the UFC? Quite frankly, Palhares looked terrified throughout the fight.

And on that note, can you think of another fight in recent memory where the two guys looked almost completely identical physically? Tree trunk legs, Barry Bonds biceps and necks?

Wiped out Palhares, who has one of the biggest followings on Sherdog. He was explosive, controlled the cage, looked confident and and dropped bombs. Is this the version of Lombard that will hopefully continue to grow in the UFC? Quite frankly, Palhares looked terrified throughout the fight.

And on that note, can you think of another fight in recent memory where the two guys looked almost completely identical physically? Tree trunk legs, Barry Bonds biceps and necks?

Hopefully so and not, flat footed and plodding forward types usually don't fair well outside of 1 that I can think of. Dude has some raw power but he's gonna have to button up his game imo, would like to see more before I judge to harshly though.

And lol ya they looked exactly the same.

Hopefully he continues to perform like this, I think he will but we'll see. And i see you picked up on the fear too lol, after the first 10 seconds Palhares looked scared shit for the whole fight, everytime Lombard would swing he would like jump away for his life accidentally running into the fence etc.

Yes this was Lombard in usual form. I love Lombard because for all the fans that didn't get to enjoy Wanderlei in his prime, Lombard is as close as you get to see.

Your question is silly and the answer is obvious. Yes, of course this is the Lombard we all wanted/hoped to see. Time will tell if he is able to maintain such viciousness.

He really vindicated himself tonight. Good for him. Way to get UFC fans to look forward in his fights

The way people talked about him on here, I was kind of hoping I'd see a Lombard with a big ass sword and angels wings riding a f**king dragon as he he knocked out everyone he was put against. Instead I will forever have the impression that Lombard is the guy who slow danced with Tim Boetsch and lost.

The way people talked about him on here, I was kind of hoping I'd see a Lombard with a big ass sword and angels wings riding a f**king dragon as he he knocked out everyone he was put against. Instead I will forever have the impression that Lombard is the guy who slow danced with Tim Boetsch and lost.

Yeah, but he should have won that slow dance.

Sure, first round KO. Not sure if you are seriously trying to get an answer.

He looked.good. I think it was nerves in his.first appearance.

its frusrating to see palhares struggle, because he has a unique toolset, but his glaring weaknesses will ensure he will never get a title

lombard doesn't strike me as the type to lie.

and his performance last night gives his claim merit.

He basically followed the same course of action he pursued against Boetch. He stalks forward, looking for the big punch. Tim used much more effective footwork than Rousimir and was able to dictate the range.

Lombard is pretty badass, but I see him having frustrating encounters with top level UFC competitors who are more adept at cutting angles and useng their distance.

Lombard destroys just about anyone that wants to stand and engage with him.

Boetsch fought more like Frankie Edgar in their last fight. It was horrible to watch but it got him the win.

Boetsch is like a MW Mike Pierce. You will have a hard time winning against him and you'll probably look lacklustre doing it.

Personally I think Lombard won that decision but man, ugly fight that had no winner at the end.

Boetsch is like a MW Mike Pierce. You will have a hard time winning against him and you'll probably look lacklustre doing it.

I dunno about that man. Okami was pretty much whoopin' his ass before Boetsch got that hail marry ko.

Back