Is it ?

• Total voters

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
going into 5th round , UFC shows Significant Strikes stats
89ivN4f.png

Fight metrics usually don’t mean too much as they don’t take a lot of things into account so I’m gonna say no.

(I think Reyes probably won 3-2)

Landing more significant strikes doesn’t necessarily mean you win the round.

Unfortunately only proof is judge’s verdict

Reyes won.

But that’s not proof of it.

Jones won the eyepoke battle easily.

Jones extending his fingers and out eyepoked Reyes 5-0

Not all strikes are equal.

Thus, there is only one way MMA fights should be decided
source.gif

Unfortunately only proof is judge’s verdict
Which is why the UFC may do the fans a favor by providing some checks and balances on these judges. They are hardly accountable to the fans when they misjudge a round or fight. I haven't watched this particular fight yet, but I've always felt like the judging in UFC is broken for the fact that they seem to make mistakes and face no consequences.

I think the judges are accountable to some deliberating body at the SACs, but the fans don't have a say.

I say we form an online organization that applies a little skepticism to each and every questionable call over the years, and put some effing pressure on the UFC to let them know that people don't like what's going on. The cucked journos we have now won't do shit.

Last edited:
Reyes totally won, but I know that those strike stats can be worthless sometimes. I think it might've been Aldo/Moraes or some other recent fight where they recorded one kick the entire fight (or maybe 1st round) when there were 3 thrown in the opening minutes of the fight.

Last edited:
Yes, he outstruck Jones by a significant margin in the first 3 rounds

Did jones land a takedown in round 3? I had it 3-0 Reyes going into the 4th

I watched it in a bar and had Jones 2,4, and 5 with the third being up in the air (but I gave it to Reyes.) Reyes clearly won the first and clearly lost the last two. The rest were up in the air imo.

It does when you stuff all the TD attempts, there were no knockdowns, and nobody was visibly hurt.

Yes... but the criteria is on clean and EFFECTIVE striking.

The clean effective strikes in round 2 came from Jones.

Most of Reyes strikes were not effective.

And Cruz outlanded garbrandt too

number of strikes don’t tell the whole story

Back