Is this fight a ruse?

No marketing can be the best marketing
It’s the calm before the storm

<seedat>

It is weird. There were mcgregor-floyd parties everywhere around here well in advanced. I haven’t heard shit from anyone

They announced Conor vs Khabib with a shitty promo and then nothing, they gave us no appetizers to hype it up, no footage, no interviews, nada.
They aren't publicizing it at all it seems, it's weird.
The UFC fired their marketing department and hired interns, who aren't allowed to make any decisions

Turns out, that was probably a dumb idea

I don't think it's just because this fight sells itself. If anything this fight would be the easiest to market to casuals and even people who aren't mma fans. They are missing out on an opportunity with the most easily marketable fight since diaz2. It is odd that there isn't more.

question everything, right TS?

oooooOOOOOOOuuuuuoooooo
TRUTH.gif

the biggest problem i have with conspiracy theorists is not that they question things. it's that they don't keep honest score. usually they're batting about 1 and 1352. but they only remember that one time they were right.

and that is the opposite of critical thinking.

Not a chance Conor fights for an interim belt.

Fergy would be a tough fight but Conor would happily fight for the Interim belt, then declare it is the real belt, since Khabib didn't actually fight the Champ (Conor) for his one, would actually have a point. If I was Conor I would be training with one I on Tony as well. Khabib is far from 100% guaranteed.

Imagine a massive hype show and Conor gets subbed or gnp'd in 2 minutes

that wouldn't look too good after talking about "real fighting" to floyd <Lmaoo>

I think they are scared to invest to much into it with Kebobs struggles with making weight

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing Ferguson vs. McGregor for the Interim Lightweight Title as the date gets closer. I don't trust Khabib to not get injured for this fight...
lol......no. Who wants to see that slaughterfest?

Are you saying "the cake is a lie?" look into it.

Imagine a massive hype show and Conor gets subbed or gnp'd in 2 minutes

that wouldn't look too good after talking about "real fighting" to floyd <Lmaoo>

Khabib isnt a finisher like that, so I doubt it.

I'm getting conflicting messages here. Some say that Conor sells by himself and doesn't need media. Others say that he needs 6+ months and a world tour to "properly" sell a fight. Then you get people who complain when they do the world tours but then complain when they don't.

How about we let these two world-class MMA fighters actually train and focus on the fight for the most part and maybe do one press conference shortly before the PPV

"Ruse"? No one knows what that means. This is America.

Gaethje vs Vick winner (if by spectacular KO) can call out the winner and create some more buzz (although Conor vs Khabib) doesnt need it

Sells itself, and it's trending well. The fight is 45 days away, they're better off allowing the fighters to train.

Back